How to clean/polish Odyssey Dual Force putter

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
I've got this mid 90's Odyssey Dual Force 880 I've put back in the bag recently. If like to find a way of polishing it to make it look better. I tried metal polishing wading to no effect. Any one have ideas?

4d7faf756f503b066f00a2ae9a7528c2.jpg

7e9d3750d5e97cf8af8eec933c259140.jpg

Outside of sanding it down, I would think a refinish would be necessary.

Thanks JB. Do you have an idea of what the average cost of a refinishing job would be? What would be the best way to find a local refinisher?

Do you know what material the putter is made out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JB. Do you have an idea of what the average cost of a refinishing job would be? What would be the best way to find a local refinisher?

I honestly dont. There is a member here named Hoosier Golfer that has restored tons of putters and can be a great help.

I've used BOS golf for a refinish job on an Itsy Bitsy and it was in the neighborhood of ~$100. Can probably get it cheaper than that depending what all you want done. They're in California, but their turnaround time was quite good.

Do you know what material the putter is made out of?

I sure don't. The metal polish I have should have worked if it was unfinished bronze or copper. Some kind of finish on it that won't polish.

I used to have a dual force with the bronze/copper looking metal. You should try rubbing it with half of a lemon that's dipped in salt, and it should make the finish look better.

Make sure you give it a good scrub though.

I use a brass wire wheel in a drill to remove rust and patina from metal. It brass is soft enough that it won't score the metal too deeply. Use a light touch. For a high polish I like a hard cloth wheel with either diamond paste or buffing compound. You can get a mirror finish on the metal with enough patience. I dug out this old slot line putter last evening and cleaned up the face. I used sandpaper to start since the face was a bit out of flat, but finished up with the buffing wheel:
08fa72d8a542ff048819debfe8c7e2ab.jpg

I would start with these, won't damage finish. I use it on my watches and wife's jewelry, they work wonders. Another option would be to make a paste with lemon juice and baking soda, cover, scrub with toothbrush, and let sit for an hour.

f23d9c1d27aff55f7a68d10197c6b14f.png

Back