How to clean your clubs

ThatGuy

US Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Handicap
Nope
What is the best product to use for cleaning clubs?
Should different products be used for irons and fairways/hybrids/driver?
What do you use to get them looking like brand new clubs?

I've used warm water and dish soap before but there has to be something better.

Just warm water and dish shop. Steel brush on irons, a softer brush on woods

A drop of dawn, warm water and a plastic nail brush.

I will take a microfiber with some automotive polish to do the crowns of woods/hybrid/driver.

I keep a wet towel while I play and a brass brush in case I get into some of the red clay we have around here. Very rarely do my clubs ever get to a point where I need to pull them all out and wash them with soap and water. Wiping them off after a shot takes almost no time and you can do it while you wait for others in your group to hit or while you're waiting on the tee box. Every month or so I'll pull them out and clean the grips with some Gripes wipes. Full on cleaning, maybe once a year.

I clean my clubs all the time. I usually use the bathroom cleaner with a scrub brush. Something that isn’t too harsh, but enough to get all the dirt out of the grooves. Works for all clubs.

Wire brush on my irons!? Never. Water with a bit of dish soap, and a brush with plastic bristles. Maybe a groove cleaner on some of the irons or wedges if they are really caked. But I try to keep them clean during my round, usually just some grass stains to remove when I get home.

I use a short handled nylon brush and a bucket of warm water... no detergent. A blast of compressed air to get the water out of the tight spots and a quick wipe with a microfibre towel.

A quick wipe with a wet towel after a shot, if they need it.

I use a mineral that is only found in the nether regions of northwest China. It glows like the sun and locals believe it has magical powers. Under the microscope you can see the forges grains realign when bathing the heads in it. Pretty amazing stuff. The only downside is that a gram costs $87 plus shipping. But it’s so worth it because I find 37.32% more fairways when I play within 4.72 hours of bathing my clubs.

GrooveIt brush works really well. Moderate bristles. I give a dry brush, two squirts of the water button and a back and forth brush followed by one up and down. Wipe with my towel and we are good. Especially helpful after bunker shots or wet conditions

Most times I just use hot water and will use my GrooveIt brush. Sometimes dish soap and hot water but that’s it.

I use a mineral that is only found in the nether regions of northwest China. It glows like the sun and locals believe it has magical powers. Under the microscope you can see the forges grains realign when bathing the heads in it. Pretty amazing stuff. The only downside is that a gram costs $87 plus shipping. But it’s so worth it because I find 37.32% more fairways when I play within 4.72 hours of bathing my clubs.
You sir won this thread

Soap warm water and a brush. Dry off with a towel after and they look good as new!

I carry a $0.99 spray bottle full of some household cleaning solution. I buy it at, where else, the $0.99 store.

I don't read Spanish, so I don't know what it is. I do know it's a yellow solution.

When I use 25%-50% of the solution I just add water to fill it back up. One bottle last me about 8-10 months.

I clean my club heads after just about every shot. Practice, or play, it doesn't matter. I use it to clean the grips as needed. Leaves them a little tacky. I do this for the longevity of the club, and obviously for the next shot.

Works on golf balls to.

I just spray the solution on the club and wipe it off. Easy peasy, and no messy wet towels to deal with.

I'm with the "no no" for any kind of a metal wire brush on them.

If you start out with clean grooves, why wait till after the round if you get dirt in the grooves of a wedge early in the round? I use a wet microfiber towel during the round, ;like this one, though there are other brands. https://www.clubglove.com/viewproduct/golfs-best-microfiber-towel/

Just takes a second and you can do it as you walk and/or put the club away. Then it just takes a couple of minutes to do a quick wipe withh same wet towel when I get home, and I usually include the putter grip and driver at least. Once in a long while, maybe I'm doing Spring or Winter golf that gets muddier, I'll do dishsoap with water for the grips and heads. to the

A wet towel

I use my tooth brush as needed on the course... and my smile is alittle greenish at the end of the day.

After each round I use windex and a toothbrush to clean the irons and woods. Once every few weeks I use car polish to buff up the woods - crown, face, and sole.

When needed I use warm water, dish soap, a rag (a.k.a. an old t-shirt), and an old toothbrush for the grooves.

I try to wipe down clubs after each shot on course though, so I don't need to clean them too often at home.

Warm water, bit of washing up liquid and a brush gets the clubs looking good again

On the course I have a towel and mini brush to use after each shot to keep them as clean as possible during the round

I feel like I'm with everyone else. Warm water and a few drops of dawn then depending on how dirty they are I have a little brush cleaner and a toothbrush. I then towel dry them and it's all done.

Back