How to clean your clubs

After every round. Dunk them all in a bucket of water, a nylon brush and a quick scrub. Followed up with a cotton towel to dry things off.
maybe after every 4-5 rounds I might clamp my irons in the vise and get out the polishing wheel and shine up the bottom portion on the blade. Keeps them really nice and shiny (I like shiny) for the metal woods a little glass plus makes them like new. Grips will get a wipe “as needed” but if they are bad, he’ll with it I will change the grip.
I find the key is to just wipe the face prior to putting the club back in the bag!

I just wipe them as I go and if one of them gets extra dirty I will take into the sink and use the dish brush and some Dawn. It's not magic.

Warm water and a soft bristle scrub brush when I deep clean irons and wood faces, just a wash rag on the hybrid and woods tops an bottoms.

CLUBHEADS
Wipe the dirt off with a towel after each shot. If something gets down in the grooves that won't wipe off, I use a little nylon brush.

GRIPS
Wipe them down with a wet towel when I get home after the round. Once a month or so (more often in summer) I scrub them with a nylon brush and some dish detergent in the kitchen sink then rinse and wipe dry.

That's it.

I'm not a fan of Dawn, so I use Ivory, I think its better for my hands and it keeps them soft and supple so when I grip my clubs they don't feel like the're being wrapped in sand paper.

Hot water, the kitchen sink, and the dish brush. I only use soap on the grips.

All of the above plus I'll use a Magic Eraser on the driver and fairway woods if there are any imperfections. Works like.....well......magic! ;)

Little soap water and a brush. Nothing fancy.

All you guys using Dawn or Ivory are doing it wrong. What, are you washing your clubs in the kitchen 🧁 or bathroom 💅 ?

We are out in the garage. That's where the car wash soap or citrus APC spray live 😜

Dawn and water mixture and a toothbrush for clubheads and Lamkin Gripes for grips.

I alternate clubs when fishing shots out of ponds. It keeps things fairly clean.

A club brush on my bag after a fillet of a divot, and soap+water at home every so often.

It was recommended to me by a clubmaker many years ago, to NEVER use a wire bristle brush on forged clubs to clean them. :nono: Some of the alloys used are soft enough to be damaged by the brush. A nylon bristle brush does just as good a job without the risk of scratching the finish. I wash mine thoroughly in a bucket of shallow water mixed with dish soap (or the like) after every day on the course, in addition to spraying them with water (if necessary) and cleaning with a damp towel while on the course after every shot.

Just one other thought to consider. When dipping clubs in a bucket of water, make sure the water level in the bucket is not above the top of the hosel and never let them soak in a bucket where the water level is above the hosel:nono:. Moisture can work its way down into the epoxy. If this happens once or twice, no worries. But, if you make a regular habit of it, don't be surprised when your clubhead comes flying off one day. Even the best epoxies are not meant to be wet constantly and can break down over time. Better to be safe than sorry.

I use simple green golf club and grip cleaner on my grips every 5 rounds and dish soap / hot water on the heads with a brush Every other round if they get messy.

soak em in Coke - brightens most irons and works miracles on copper....and stops you drinking it and thus overloading on sugar

Simol
I use a mineral that is only found in the nether regions of northwest China. It glows like the sun and locals believe it has magical powers. Under the microscope you can see the forges grains realign when bathing the heads in it. Pretty amazing stuff. The only downside is that a gram costs $87 plus shipping. But it’s so worth it because I find 37.32% more fairways when I play within 4.72 hours of bathing my clubs.
[/QU simply Brilliant 😁

Dry brush and use ‘ lanotec ‘ which is lanolin based natural product, light spray in rag and wipe down faces etc
Also helps as a moisture repellent.

I used PinSol on my grips and thought it helped make them tacky. Mighta just been my imagination.

What is the best product to use for cleaning clubs?
Should different products be used for irons and fairways/hybrids/driver?
What do you use to get them looking like brand new clubs?

I've used warm water and dish soap before but there has to be something better.

This is what I do. Warm water and some Dawn dish soap go a long way. I will use a magic eraser for the woods/hybrids if there are some tee marks I want to remove.

What is the best product to use for cleaning clubs?
Should different products be used for irons and fairways/hybrids/driver?
What do you use to get them looking like brand new clubs?

I've used warm water and dish soap before but there has to be something better.
Warm water and dish soap is what my Grandad always used, so that is what I use, and I don't see any reason to look further into it. Ultimately, they are intended to mostly be hitting the ground and getting dirty. Washing them is really only to clean the grooves and make them look pretty, which water and dish soap seem to accomplish just fine.

i'm guessing not very many use the dishwasher or washing machine. But those TidePods are so damn cute...

I was using water and a soft brush, but recently started using a small steamer I use for my grout at home. Just dissolves all the dirt and leaves clubs like new.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Back