How to create basic Green Mapping book??

On the app you can place where your ball is and where the hole is. It will then tell you exactly where to putt. Like 3 inches left and 14 inches short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this
20ed3aa5030d457a3181d9f71a77658d.jpg

i'm laughing, is that legal? I'm a paper guy but I don't think paper will do that for me.

Their new'ish books are amazing and very simple. Way easier to use than their putting app.
I think the books would be easier than the app. To me the best feature is the putt break green map rather than the heat map shown. Looking forward to taking these out to the course when less crowded and confirm the breaks they show.

Another good feature I think is it gives a layout of the hole so can make some notes. We have a hole where the second shot looks fairly flat but it plays surprisingly quite downhill so less club needed than expected As an example.

I've used a few of these on some courses I'm not super familiar with. I found them helpful but you need to get a bit used to them to properly get the read.

Maybe unorthodox but when I play my Skytrak Sim with TGC 2019 I only play Lidar scanned courses, The elevations are extremely close to real life. You could use screen shots of the greens and mark them up very easily since they appear with a grid and shows the slope direction of the green. You can use your mouse and check elevations all over the green. You can even check elevations all over each hole. It could be a very useful tool.

So if you know somebody......

On the app you can place where your ball is and where the hole is. It will then tell you exactly where to putt. Like 3 inches left and 14 inches short

Isn’t that cheating? I’d like to figure it out by just looking at the greens book.

appreciate the thoughts guys. I may try and do a demo to decide between paper and app. Knowing me, I end up with both;)

My primary use is to make better judgements on my approach shots and Chips. My secondary use would be to improve my putts from +80ft where multiple extreme breaks may be in play. On most putts within 25 feet I will always read the break properly and typically miss because I won't play enough break.

Isn’t that cheating? I’d like to figure it out by just looking at the greens book.

I think there was a ruling about it... you can use the map during tournament play but not the caddy version - similar to Arccoss, you can use the gps stuff but not the caddy club selection thing or the rangefinder version with wind and stuff distance adjustments during tournament play

well I tried the golf logix app this weekend until it ended my demo on hole 10. I thought I saw it was a 30 day trial so that was upsetting to not see final result. Still, I saw enough to order the greens book. The data in the app has so much promise but as a walker who uses readers, the UX of the app was lacking

its too bad because if this company simply published a 10min comprehensive video stating what the application does my opinion might be different. I can see potentially this thing working for a rider, who does not need readers, and knows exactly what the app does, does not do.

Back