How to improve putting inside 10’?

I'm a firm believer in the mental aspect...of the whole game.
See the line you want to start it on and the speed.
Let your mind make sure you start it on THAT LINE.

The answer is always a new putter. lol

Over the last few years, relatively speaking my putting outside 10’ is clearly better than inside 10’. I’m going to work on that over winter.

I’d be curious how folks have or would tackle that issue if it was them.

45 minutes with me and we'll fix it! Problem is, I would never go to Ohio. :ROFLMAO: So you need to come to AZ!

Practice, certainly before the round. Short - look towards the back of the cup. Long, pick a spot before the cup.

For a deep dive into putting and how to improve, these two videos. A lot of golf instruction is piecemeal and simply clickbait, the videos below are the real deal and surprisingly free :) The video's linked below are almost 3 hours of putting instruction and insight.

Derek Uyeda putting coach for Max Homa, Phil Mickelson, and Xander Schauffele.

I like a lot of what Derek teaches. These are good videos for the most part. One issue I have is moving everybody to the same eye position/setup. Everybody’s body is different, posture is different, styles of putter. I’ve done quite a few studies on different eye positions related to putter selection with both tour players and amateurs. Having your eyes one ball inside the center of your putter face is going to be good for a big swath of players but not everybody. For those that do, I’d put them in a slant neck, low toe hang putter.

Again, overall, Derek has some really good stuff in these videos.

Back