How to Install a Shaft Adapter

Put it in the head and screw it in, easy peasy.

If no head, just use a vice or pliers, it won’t hurt the adapter.

Ive struggled with this before and this is so simple and intuitive...I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it! Thanks @Jman

Ive struggled with this before and this is so simple and intuitive...I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it! Thanks @Jman
Hahaha! I’m here to help ;)

The wire brush bit is the greatest thing ever.
Concur... a quick spin, bap the shavings out and hit it an acetone qtip and you are in business, unbelievably quick

I use gun cleaning bore brushes, inexpensive, and lots of sizes that work.

Beads to me are really about centering more than creating a fit.

Isn't that that basically the same thing? If there's not much clearance it will be centered. If needs centering you are creating a fit.

Great video....thanks !

I've found that the wire brush bit for my drill also helps if i have a ferrule that is just being a pain even after being in hot water. I hit it with the wire brush bit a few times (since I usually already have it out) to improve the opening just a touch.

Isn't that that basically the same thing? If there's not much clearance it will be centered. If needs centering you are creating a fit.

Technically yes, but to me creating a fit means ample space, which calls for a shim.

Very useful video! I'm researching on how to do it myself to change out an adapter. Process seems pretty easy and straightforward.

Any insight or recommendation on how to remove the adapter without a shaft pull tool? Its basically the only tool I do not have and I'm not sure if I want to drop the cash to do something I don't see myself using that often (maybe once every couple years?)

Very useful video! I'm researching on how to do it myself to change out an adapter. Process seems pretty easy and straightforward.

Any insight or recommendation on how to remove the adapter without a shaft pull tool? Its basically the only tool I do not have and I'm not sure if I want to drop the cash to do something I don't see myself using that often (maybe once every couple years?)

Assuming its graphite...Don't!

Back