How to Refinish? *tiny contest*

How to Refinish? *tiny contest*

• Total voters

johnblah

Reaction score
Handicap
11&drop'n
So I have been mulling it over since I got them and I have now decided that im going to get my Titleist blades refinished, re-shafted, and re-grooved(conforming). Now I recently was fitted for my Nike NDS irons and am getting them re-shafted to Dynamic Gold X100 and will do the same with these. Also getting the Lie adjusted to almost 3* up with the shorter irons and 2* up with the longies.

Now here is where Id love some opinions/ideas

I cant decide between:

Black Chrome Mirror
Black Chrome Satin
Black Oxide

Needless to say I was a darker the better finish to these but Id also like some durability, I play at least 2-3 rounds a week, go the the range almost every morning or afternoon, and walk down the street to a park and practice my wedge and short irons.

Also throw at me some Paint Fill Colors (Pick TWO colors and how to lay them out on club) combos With the intended finish!

Whomever gives me the combo I pick for my clubs Ill send them a sleeve of 3balls of their choice, some grips, and a bit more I have alota unused things laying around haha.

So pick ether Black Chrome Mirror, Black Chrome Satin, Black Oxide then 2 colors and how to lay the colors out on this iron set:
dscn4727.jpg

*note* there is also two rings around the hosel that need coloring

Only one combo per member please.
And ill give ya'll some time, all Ideas must be in by September 24th 11:59pm. Might seem like a long time but I want to Really think it over lol.

Thanks everyone in advance and here is a Big thanks to THP for well existing and having so many great members! :clapp:

Thanks Again!
-Myles

p.s. the poll is just for kicks for what you would personally want for yourself out of the 3 choices.

Match them to these.

cross.jpg

oh Nice, hmmm I might be looking into that in the near future...thats almost a guarantee actually haha

nah, i'd match them to these:

45764_432390968426_537878426_4913997_6102740_n.jpg

in all seriousness, i think that this is a cool thread and i think it's awesome that you are wanting to spruce these irons up. i voted for the black oxide but that's b/c i'm not the biggest fan of a shiny black finish. before the golf bug hit me hard i was into motorcycle racing and owned a few sportbikes. i always stripped the hard parts off and had then refinished to a matte black. so if it were me, i'd go with black oxide finish on the irons, then i would paintfill the etching on the cavity with a cool dark grey color. i'm not a bright, bold color guy so that's what i would do if it were me.

I pick black satin, its just gorgeous. As for colors, I'm thinking white and red. It should match up very well with finish, both as far as contrast and being aesthetically pleasing. Matter of fact I'm getting ready to base coat my standby putter white.

Fun thread john! I say go with black satin finish. As far as color fill I love orange and black together so I'd do the black satin finish with an orange color fill and rock with that myself. Good luck and keep us posted!

I am gonna go ahead and DQ myself by saying: Leave those fine looking irons alone! If you want to get fancy with them, put some Winn grips on them, and tear them off after a few rounds when you get sick of them...

I am gonna go ahead and DQ myself by saying: Leave those fine looking irons alone! If you want to get fancy with them, put some Winn grips on them, and tear them off after a few rounds when you get sick of them...
I voted black satin but I tend to agree with v3.0 although I'd say G.P. tour velvets

Great things so far!

And yea Winn grips are going on these, WinnLite Medium Midsized blue to be specific. If I could leave these the way they are I would (and save some cost) But some of the grooves just are not what they once were, The groves on the 5 almost look....compressed? Like they are wider on the edges but in the center much narrower, its kinda odd I have never seen anything like it but I think these have seen ALOT of play over the years. Im surprised how great the overall condition is with no chips in the chrome and no rust what so ever on the heads. Certainly well taken care of.

So all in all I prefer a dark finish so If im getting them redone might as well make them Exactly what I want out of a club.

For something a little different, how about looking at a different finish like Metric Blue, or something? then you can do some really interesting color combos, like orange lettering :). Though admittedly this combo would be too distracting in my bag. I like looking down a on a nice satin chrome at address.

How about Black Oxide with med blue and and white fill.

I wish TT DG shafts came in black too:arrogant:

I'd just have to go black crome satin and tour velvets. They will look great regardless.

Black oxide with metallic silver fill. Get your bling in there subtly and enjoy the nice dark blades. It seems all the "dark" finish clubs have been GI irons and I would love to see a beautiful set of blades get the same treatment.

as far as black ozide goes be ready to oil em up after every round or they will be rust.

I cant wait to have this done, I love new* clubs.

I say black chrome mirror, then fill with darker purple, and add some yellow to it.

Tomorrows the last day! any more Ideas? more please!

I personally like the look of black oxide with lime green paint fill

Black Chrome Satin, Use Translucent paint like on the studio scottys, Titleist in "cherry dot Red", Sole Translucent Silver, and the hosel lines in the same Translucent Red. They would look awesome. Black Ox is nice also but it does rust fast so that depends on if you like that look. Good luck with your project bro!!!

Look at the wedge JB just had done and put up on the home page. Picture the Black Ox with a lime green fill, pretty sweet.

Back