How to stop a low hook?

Thanks. Really appreciate it. I’ll check him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update…
Had a lesson yesterday. Don’t have video but made a few changes and now I’m pounding the ball.

Wider stance. More neutral starting position. I was leaning back too far.
During the downswing my club path was coming way too inside and my face was closing too quickly when striking the ball.

Now I hold the face more open during my follow through and not coming so far inside and it was working really well.

Update…
Had a lesson yesterday. Don’t have video but made a few changes and now I’m pounding the ball.

Wider stance. More neutral starting position. I was leaning back too far.
During the downswing my club path was coming way too inside and my face was closing too quickly when striking the ball.

Now I hold the face more open during my follow through and not coming so far inside and it was working really well.
There you go! Once again the value of someone with the proper training being able to SEE your swing and come up with the correct solution is on full display. Otherwise, we're just left with guessing or listing all the possibilities.

I can only speak for me and my swing….
What causes me to do this is not enough body rotation and me using too much of an arm swing. I will release the club head early with a closed face, which reduces the loft and of course causes a pull hook.

My fix is body drills. Getting the face square with my body, not my hands. When I’m doing this I can release the club at impact.

This!

and I agree it is a situation where for me I was throwing my hands at the ball vs rotating my body and club through the ball. trail hand trying to kill the ball before I transition I think my true root cause

There you go! Once again the value of someone with the proper training being able to SEE your swing and come up with the correct solution is on full display. Otherwise, we're just left with guessing or listing all the possibilities.
You are exactly right. He knew exactly what I was doing wrong within the first 10 minutes. But, I do appreciate the responses and tips y'all gave here as well!

This!

and I agree it is a situation where for me I was throwing my hands at the ball vs rotating my body and club through the ball. trail hand trying to kill the ball before I transition I think my true root cause

Golf is just so bass ackwards. Logic would make you think “Well if I’m low hooking it my body must be getting around to quick”. When of course it’s the complete opposite.

You are exactly right. He knew exactly what I was doing wrong within the first 10 minutes. But, I do appreciate the responses and tips y'all gave here as well!
That's because you are a grateful and gracious guy...and we appreciate that!

My miss off the tee with a driver is a low hook. I think my hands are too far behind and I’m trying to play catch up by flipping my wrists through impact. Any tips to stop this from happening? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep - another good player who hooks and pulls shots . Sounds very familiar to me !!! Been there, done that . The good righthanders mistake that keeps you from getting better . You wouldn’t be a 7 if you hadn’t wanted to !
It is NOT a quick fix, but here goes the abbreviated version—— more than 40% of your brain is dedicated to you DOMINANT HANDS . Assuming you are a rightie your right hand is genetically designed to easily roll over CCW to bring food to your mouth . It will ALWAYS do that the very start of your DS . You gotta train it to perform exactly opposite it’s natural design and force / teach it to perform in an opposite foreign manner that is genetically designed to.
You gotta focus ONLY on you dominant hand and make sure it stays palm up / facing upward at the very start of you DS — OR IT WILL ROLL OVER, TURN DOWN — and you already know what happens .
The butts of both hand lead the face down and around and the ball is swept . The rotating torso proves the power and squares the face , not HANDS !!!!!
I know- sounds different, but is factual. Check this out on IT
Cortical Homunculus-

Attachments

• BAEEE6C9-1C70-4623-BB0C-771CFB14422B.jpeg
    BAEEE6C9-1C70-4623-BB0C-771CFB14422B.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3
Yep - another good player who hooks and pulls shots . Sounds very familiar to me !!! Been there, done that . The good righthanders mistake that keeps you from getting better . You wouldn’t be a 7 if you hadn’t wanted to !
It is NOT a quick fix, but here goes the abbreviated version—— more than 40% of your brain is dedicated to you DOMINANT HANDS . Assuming you are a rightie your right hand is genetically designed to easily roll over CCW to bring food to your mouth . It will ALWAYS do that the very start of your DS . You gotta train it to perform exactly opposite it’s natural design and force / teach it to perform in an opposite foreign manner that is genetically designed to.
You gotta focus ONLY on you dominant hand and make sure it stays palm up / facing upward at the very start of you DS — OR IT WILL ROLL OVER, TURN DOWN — and you already know what happens .
The butts of both hand lead the face down and around and the ball is swept . The rotating torso proves the power and squares the face , not HANDS !!!!!
I know- sounds different, but is factual. Check this out on IT
Cortical Homunculus-
Thanks for sharing. This is exactly the problem I have. Right hand is dominant and turns over too much/too quickly. I have to keep the right palm up as long as possible. Kind of reminds me of hitting a baseball to opposite field.

Thanks for sharing. This is exactly the problem I have. Right hand is dominant and turns over too much/too quickly. I have to keep the right palm up as long as possible. Kind of reminds me of hitting a baseball to opposite field.
Your mentioning the baseball swing tells me you definitely understand ? Great analysis! If you pretend you are hitting an oncoming pitch in slo- mo and stop just before impact you will notice the palm of your right hand is facing upward. The golf swing is the same , just on a different plane.
Our dominant hands absolutely must *** CONTROL **** the club , but it had better not be allowed to hit, throw and / or release!
BUT - you already know that . Congrats ! Keep the pinky finger above its dominant thumb and sweep the hands around in front of the ball and never try to put pressure on the shaft or make any effort to provide power with the dominant hand . The torso does that !
Great to hear from you !

Your mentioning the baseball swing tells me you definitely understand ? Great analysis! If you pretend you are hitting an oncoming pitch in slo- mo and stop just before impact you will notice the palm of your right hand is facing upward. The golf swing is the same , just on a different plane.
Our dominant hands absolutely must *** CONTROL **** the club , but it had better not be allowed to hit, throw and / or release!
BUT - you already know that . Congrats ! Keep the pinky finger above its dominant thumb and sweep the hands around in front of the ball and never try to put pressure on the shaft or make any effort to provide power with the dominant hand . The torso does that !
Great to hear from you !
That really does make the most sense the way you describe it. Well done and I appreciate the info! (y)

1. Develop a swing that carries the club toward the target at impact. Do this without a ball by watching the clubhead flash by.

2. Try to make the heel of the club get to the ball before the toe. This might create some monster push slices at first, but they won't be low hooks. Then ease off until the clubface comes through square.

1. Develop a swing that carries the club toward the target at impact. Do this without a ball by watching the clubhead flash by.

2. Try to make the heel of the club get to the ball before the toe. This might create some monster push slices at first, but they won't be low hooks. Then ease off until the clubface comes through square.
Very good advice - I have a saying I use quite often —————
“ Lead with the toe and left it will go . Lead with the heel and you’ll be a big wheel ! “ It is the turning / rotating of the torso that SQUARES the face, not the hands. Exactly opposite your natural tendencies. Takes some serious training of the HANDS . Not easy , but well worth the effort!

It might be that you're trying to hit the ball with your right hand, which ends up ovepowering your left hand, closing the clubface dramatically. You might try thinking that the heel of the club has to get to the ball first. That could create shots going to the right, but you can dial that back to where you're hitting straight.

Try intentionally making the heel of the club lead going through the ball. You might start hitting the ball way right, but you can bring that back by being less and less heel-ish until you have it right.

But that's just one thing to try.

Try intentionally making the heel of the club lead going through the ball. You might start hitting the ball way right, but you can bring that back by being less and less heel-ish until you have it right.

But that's just one thing to try.
Great advice from Recgolfer - This is one of the **major keys ** to a correct successful golf swing. One , of many , I use in teaching. However , convincing your brain to perform this is *** totally opposite and foreign to the human genetics design. *** It forces the dominant HANDS to PULL the butts of the hands ( it’s strongest parts ) past the ball in a sweeping motion . It also has the effect of keeping the DOMINANT HANDS from rolling over . It keeps the dominant thumb from rolling horizontally over its little finger .
These and many more are *** ONLY INTENTS ** as you feel you are going to shank or hit it to the right . The forces created by the weight of the swinging / pulling arms and the pulling of the stretched left side lat and back muscles will cause the wrist to eventually give in and the face will square.
Of course , this will be soundly rejected BC it doesn’t make any sense to the brains NATURAL GENETICS DESIGN, but the golf swing is not NATURAL and is not in the subconscious mind. It is 100% a learned conscious task .
This is exactly what TW is performing in the pic below —-

Attachments

• B50462B2-F0A2-42B0-9B46-00DDA9B8E612.jpeg
    B50462B2-F0A2-42B0-9B46-00DDA9B8E612.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
Back