How was your 2019!?

Reaction score
Our golf season is just about over in NJ, and this might be a little early for those lucky enough to play consistently all year round. However, I saw this online and thought it would be a good post here!
I know I can check off a couple of them lol

Quick recap of my 2019 since I’m asking everyone else:

Bad:
Slice turned into a hook
Not lining up correctly for shots
Driver is still extremely inconsistent

Good:
Finally upgraded my garage sale bought 2003 Taylormades (I bought them in 2011)? to the M6’s ?
Somehow @AnthonyC & I won our Spring league
Short game & handicap improved

All in all it was a good year and I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to putting in some work & improving this winter!!

Attachments

• 26B792B8-57AD-4590-BA76-26371F7CDDF9.jpeg
    26B792B8-57AD-4590-BA76-26371F7CDDF9.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 9
First....welcome to THP.

I've actually had a really good year. Cap is finally dropping slightly, and hope to have it continue the trend downward. I'm working on some tweaks in my swing that should give me more consistency. Not really specific bad/good items, but just an overall statement.

First....welcome to THP.

I've actually had a really good year. Cap is finally dropping slightly, and hope to have it continue the trend downward. I'm working on some tweaks in my swing that should give me more consistency. Not really specific bad/good items, but just an overall statement.

Thanks!! @tomcat

its been a pretty good year, moved, got married, played a 100 rounds (so far), seeing some improvement in my game, and made a hole in one.

Last edited:
Play? Bleh.
THP Trips and Experiences? Amazing

My personal game just kinda held steady, which was fine. Didn't get out as much as I wanted.

Getting to go to Florida and play Hammock beach with Odyssey/Toulon was absolutely incredible though.

Has been a fairly solid year for me overall. Hoping 2020 can be even better.

Terrible. Getting engaged and moving ended up only about to get in a few rounds. Now that we are settled in our condo hoping to get in a few more before winter sets in! Just got a job at the new TG opening in a few weeks so hoping I can at least hit a lot of balls this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My year was a typical up and down one.

- Started the year on a Grandaddy high with all new gear, a hot putting stroke, and a reinvigorated love of the game.
- Carried that into the BC Match Play with a good buddy where we made it to the Semi-finals. Barely lost to the team that has won it every year for as long as I can remember.
- Came out hot in League. Won early and jumped out to a solid lead.

Then it all came crashing down. 2 way miss through the bag, cold putter, complete loss of confidence, so frustrated with golf that I bailed on my weekend game a few times (never happened before). Reached rock bottom when I shot a 101 in the League semi-final, and then an 88 in the final.

Luckily I was able to salvage the year with a solid performance at the THP Budget Golf Championship. The round of a lifetime on Saturday, followed by some good team ham'n'egging on Sunday gave us the W. Was really nice to have a good positive finish to such a topsy turvy season. Been playing pretty well since then, but still struggling to shake the blow up holes.

My year was a typical up and down one.

- Started the year on a Grandaddy high with all new gear, a hot putting stroke, and a reinvigorated love of the game.
- Carried that into the BC Match Play with a good buddy where we made it to the Semi-finals. Barely lost to the team that has won it every year for as long as I can remember.
- Came out hot in League. Won early and jumped out to a solid lead.

Then it all came crashing down. 2 way miss through the bag, cold putter, complete loss of confidence, so frustrated with golf that I bailed on my weekend game a few times (never happened before). Reached rock bottom when I shot a 101 in the League semi-final, and then an 88 in the final.

Luckily I was able to salvage the year with a solid performance at the THP Budget Golf Championship. The round of a lifetime on Saturday, followed by some good team ham'n'egging on Sunday gave us the W. Was really nice to have a good positive finish to such a topsy turvy season. Been playing pretty well since then, but still struggling to shake the blow up holes.
Everyone goes through their “slumps”. Golf gets in your head so bad it’s so hard not to let a couple bad shots destroy your confidence. I think the trick is to still try and enjoy just being out there and know the “perfect” round may not exist lol
Glad to hear you are getting your groove back. Keep swinging and keep the confidence up. Don’t let one or two bad swings define your round!

I have heard great things about the THP experiences..looking forward to my first one! ;)

In this instance, we flew two people to Vegas, gave them new irons, a fitting with UST Mamiya and played Cascata while staying at Caesars.
Cost: $0

Glad you likid the course as much as we did

Most of my rounds have been a hot mess and I wasn't able to sign up for any THP events so it's been terrible!

There were some saving graces like playing more with my kids and getting a couple rounds in with my dad.

My personal game just kinda held steady, which was fine. Didn't get out as much as I wanted.

Getting to go to Florida and play Hammock beach with Odyssey/Toulon was absolutely incredible though.

Has been a fairly solid year for me overall. Hoping 2020 can be even better.
Steady is better than a decline! Same here on not getting out as much. Playing in a league once a week towards the end of the season definitely helped though.

Improved short game, more rounds made 2019 enjoyable. Really enjoying the game as I once did . Excited to see if this continues over to next year. Over the winter I plan to keep working on my short game and swing. More golf too

BAD: Just when my golf league was starting up, first weather then car accident with broken ribs sidelined me for 3 months! New job, no golf. Didn't play a complete 18 all year!

GOOD: Ribs are all healed! Job going okay! Remembering my golf lessons have fixed my fade (which some of my friends used to call a 'banana slice'!:ROFLMAO:)! Now, I'm the proud owner of a 5 yd draw! :twist::cool: Really looking forward to next year as I will be using my impact snap this winter to see if it works for me!

Solid Year - Cap is lowest it's ever been. PB early spring. Tahoe trip wtih other THP'ers. Solid tournament showing last month. Driving it better than ever before. Solid Year.

My high point was getting into the THP Bridgestone Championship. When I got home my life had drastically changed. I left on Thursday and came home Sunday. My wife and kids were gone. That sucked the most? Don’t give a flying fooskie about the wife but not being a daily part of my kids life is killing me.

Then on 09/17 I was in a car wreck that was very close to ending me. I’m still recovering. 8 broken bones (manly in my chest-steering column collapsed on me-but one in my leg from kicking my door open since I thought the car was on fire). 27 staples. Being 60*ish downward the passenger door wasn’t an option so I kicked open the drivers door. Even the Statie said she couldn’t believe I opened the door. I fell to the bottom of the ditch and had a bystander grab my phone since I needed to contact my soon to be ex to tell her wasn’t going to be home to get the little fella off the bus. She of course gave me crap, I told her I might not survive, and she said “good” -she doesn’t know that I’ve changed my life insurance policy, lol. Screw her.

Spent a week in the hospital. No one paid any attention to my medical alert I put on my phone. Jackels. I even told the surgeon and anesthesiologist about it. But they of course used the one pain medication that I have immunity to, Demoral. Told the staff. But I was extubated with zero pain control. Longest 45 minutes of my life. Then since I was hoarse and couldn’t talk, I spent the first day without pain control at all. At one point I tried to show the nurse I needed to write. She told me, in her exact words “honey, you’ll just piss us off”. I used both fingers to flick her off.

All they had to do was communicate with the surgical staff, or read the damn medical alert on my phone, but instead I suffered tremendously for about 24hours before I had any degree of analgesia. At least I didn’t wake up during the surgery.

So my summer sucked totally. Lost my wife and kids? Almost lost my life. Had a damn good time at the THP event. But post that my life has sucked.

Back