How Well Do You Play In The Rain?

Shot my best score in the rain. Could be a fluke as I’ve only played in the rain once.

I play ok in bad weather. It's all about the gloves. Excellent rain gloves are carried always in my bag. The worse the weather typically the better I fare vs the competition.

Playing in the rain is either feast or famine for me. I’m either shooting a great score or during horribly bad

Living in South Florida, I'm used to playing in the rain and my game holds up. However if its windy and the rain is going sideways then that's a good time to take a break and have a beer

I can deal with the rain as long as it’s not cold and windy too.

If it is more than a drizzle or light shower and cool, I’m most likely headed in or not playing. Unless it is a THP event then Im buying a rain jacket and gloves and having a go with some great people on a great course.

I honestly kind of love it.

Makes me focus more on grip and tempo than anything else, and not shockingly, that means I strike the ball better.

Never have played a full round in the rain. The few times it has rained for a few holes has been normal. I actually enjoy it but it has it been a huge downpour or anything.

Light rain doesn't bother me at all, and neither does wind. Heavy rain, and I may as well try playing left handed. It just totally throws me off.

I have minimal rain experience. We tend to get isolated T-storms in the summer and play stops while they pass. I would have to rethink grips and playing process to adapt to wet playing conditions. But I would probably be fine. I'm fairly weather resilient.

Not well. I lost my grip and launched my 3 wood 50 yards into the weeds last time!

I live in a desert. I avoid golf and rain, because there is so much opportunity to play when sunny. So, I basically suck in the rain, even more than when sunny. :ROFLMAO:

I do okay, I try not to think about the rain if I am playing in it. I don't care to play in a downpour but a drizzle or a light rain I am okay with.

Rain typically doesn’t bother me. I have a pair of rain gloves and they work exceptionally well. What I hate is if it’s a start / stop kind of a rain. I tend to lose focus then...

I don't play well in the rain..............because I don't play in the rain................unless it's a surprise storm....................and then I still don't play well in the rain.................because I don't play well when there isn't rain.:unsure:

I might sound like a pansy, but I mostly don't play in it. I try not to schedule a round if it's going to rain, will reschedule if it appears it's going to, and will walk away from a casual round if it starts to rain. Most of my rounds are in the middle of my day. I often have to go back to work, or whatever, so getting soaked just isn't the kind of thing I'm looking for when I think of taking a break to enjoy something.

When I was younger I really enjoyed playing in the rain. In the midwest when it's raining in a way that still lets you be on course the wind tends to calm, and wind is my kyptonite. I'm an all carry, high ball hitter, so wet conditions suit me well. As long as my grips are dry I tend to score well on the limited occasions I play in it. Usually right at the end of the round.

I don’t mind rain. I just wear my rain gloves and try to keep my grips as dry as possible.

What rain gloves do you use?

If it is going to rain I put my rain gear on including rain gloves. Unless it is just out right pouring and there is a high wind I might not play. Rain no problem, but also wind no thanks.

I used to hate it and really struggle but I'm starting to get better.

I like that some of you have the availability to wait for a better day. The seasons here often leave a lot of weekends with cold and rain so if that's the only time you have to play you just play through it. I have decent rain gear but I don't have dedicated rain gloves.. That's something I'll have to look into

I like that some of you have the availability to wait for a better day. The seasons here often leave a lot of weekends with cold and rain so if that's the only time you have to play you just play through it. I have decent rain gear but I don't have dedicated rain gloves.. That's something I'll have to look into
I bought the Footjoy rain guard I believe they are. Work great. I mean they get soaked but never had an issue gripping the club.

I really don’t like playing in the rain. If it’s not a tournament, I am not playing.

Back