How would like to see Experiences live updated?

How would you like Live Experience golf documented?

• Text

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Picture of the Scorecard

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • I don't care just give me info!

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Live updating the forum is one of the cool parts of being a part of the experiences. How would you like it to be done?

Would you like it in text form?
Example
Team Paradise Net Birdie
Team Hackers Net Birdie
Tied thru 17

Or would you like a picture of the scorecard?
1632338496226.png

I voted picture of scorecard since that's how I'm used to seeing it while playing.

I like scorecard photos and then a live scoring spreadsheet if there’s a friendly THPer following the event who’s willing to update it.

I'm good with both, but the scorecard is a really great idea! It allows for a quick update, and also shows the past few holes so you can see how the round is going.

I'm good with both, but the scorecard is a really great idea! It allows for a quick update, and also shows the past few holes so you can see how the round is going.

The past holes is why I like it too. You can see if someone is making a run or S'ing the bed! :ROFLMAO:

Score card

I like the scorecard photo. Maybe add a running match score at the bottom? AS, -1, AS, +1, +2, +3, +3 etc.

I enjoy any info I can get from the Experiences but the scorecard is probably the best and easier for you guys at the experience to relay to us.

In my mind one person takes a pic of the scorecard and writes a small blurb. The other partner takes pictures.

Yeah I like the scorecard because I tend to forget where the match is when following along.

Here are some things to keep in mind.

1. If you use the scorecard for a THP Experience, and have someone updating the first post with a spreadsheet or scores, it can take a while to figure out what is going on with a thread that moves crazy fast. Its why we have always gone words.
2. Pictures take longer to load on mobile for some users, which is a shame, but it happens. Save that time for course and gear pics.

I like scorecard photos and then a live scoring spreadsheet if there’s a friendly THPer following the event who’s willing to update it.
Yeah, live scoring if best for any tournament style thing that others are watching.

Scorecard is the most convenient, but a _______ up/down __ is nice to go along with it. I'd honestly prefer an actual picture of something at the course, and a _____ won hole, up/down __

I'm waiting for someone to do facebook live or insta-story updates. (y)

Other - YouTube channel.

I'm waiting for someone to do facebook live or insta-story updates. (y)

At our experiences, we prefer to keep the traffic on this website, being as though we are the host and more guests and followers will be here.
We do updates on other aspects of the events on all of those areas however.

A lot of good ideas in here!

Someone's got to play Bones and give play by play. And video. There must be video!

Scorecard for sure. A couple pics of the course here and there would be nice too.

Live updating the forum is one of the cool parts of being a part of the experiences. How would you like it to be done?

Would you like it in text form?
Example
Team Paradise Net Birdie
Team Hackers Net Birdie
Tied thru 17

Or would you like a picture of the scorecard?
View attachment 9029401

If you do text, you can play by play it a bit and get a post in about each shot… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like text because it is very quick but at same time scorecard just gives you a little bit of accuracy so you really know where everybody stands in the match. I do like pictures of the holes prior to the tee shot so you feel like you are really there watching although understand there are reasons for not always doable.

If service permits, I think photo of score card is fastest. But I’m a slow texter.

Absolute best is the live Google sheet that is embedded in THP thread of event.

and have someone not at event supervising it.

I prefer reading text - don’t have to zoom in and read bad handwriting. Give me the bottom line text!

if you want to do both a picture and text in the same post, that would be fancy.

Back