How would you handle this?

Update: the owner called me and said he had confronted him on the course and at first didn't acknowledge he did anything then when he said "you hit the person behind you with the broken parts.." he apologized and said he'd cover the damage 🙄 he said he was getting hustled and was down 4 holes through 9. Then he said he'd call me and apologize, 1. He doesn't have my number 2. I told the owner not to bother, I wasn't looking for an apology after being forced to, I'd just prefer him not to be an ass on the course.
Nice that the owner called you, and happy to hear that the PVC Punisher will pony up for the damages.

I’m with you though - I wouldn’t want a phone call and a forced apology.

Update: the owner called me and said he had confronted him on the course and at first didn't acknowledge he did anything then when he said "you hit the person behind you with the broken parts.." he apologized and said he'd cover the damage 🙄 he said he was getting hustled and was down 4 holes through 9. Then he said he'd call me and apologize, 1. He doesn't have my number 2. I told the owner not to bother, I wasn't looking for an apology after being forced to, I'd just prefer him not to be an ass on the course.
It's good to hear that the owner confronted him and he's going to pay for the damage. Hopefully he'll realize that actions have consequences, and cool his jets a bit in the future. I don't care how badly you're getting hustled, that doesn't give you the right to damage other people's property - and potentially injure people over it! I'm with you 100%, I wouldn't want a call from him either.

It's good to hear that the owner confronted him and he's going to pay for the damage. Hopefully he'll realize that actions have consequences, and cool his jets a bit in the future. I don't care how badly you're getting hustled, that doesn't give you the right to damage other people's property - and potentially injure people over it! I'm with you 100%, I wouldn't want a call from him either.
Well said. Zero right to damage someone else’s property. Especially when it’s being enjoyed by other people.

What’s the line from that Sean Connery movie - “if you have to fight you’ve already lost”. I would have just let it go

We were playing a public course Tuesday. The group behind us, two guys each in own cart, drove up to within way too close to the green. I called the clubhouse, sure enough, the pro came out and found them nearly parked on the green two holes later. So calling the clubhouse is an option that actually works. The pro stopped by and offered his thanks for calling.

Background:
Hitting me(barely) and my cart(windshield was up), he looks back at me, never says a word, and moves forward to the drop zone.
How would YOU respond?
I'm not typically a violent person but I was pissed, but not stupid. Even if I had said something that caused an incident, it's 4 on 1 and not worth it. I told the attending clerk to have the owner call me.

I am not looking for a fight BUT I am not letting that go. Whether I call the proshop or address is directly it would have been dealt with.
You want to throw a tantrum fine but when it rises to the level where randoms are getting hit with Broken **** is my limit.

What’s the line from that Sean Connery movie - “if you have to fight you’ve already lost”. I would have just let it go
Yep, move on. Confrontation just isn't worth it. Something I tell my son all the time. Nothing good will come of a fight.

As much as I would like to use a 6 iron on a kneecap, You never know when a nutter is carrying. An anonymous call to the clubhouse is probably the answer.

I still hang out with friends that I knew since high school and some of them are gang members.

If that dude did something like that to me, I'll call one of my friends and they will show up outside the golf course and confront that S.O.B to make sure that he will not pull that sh_t again to anybody else. Regular people are afraid of gang members.

I'm no longer bullet proof, so I'd let golf course people handle it.

If anything I'd probably wave a white towel, and chuckle to myself.

People who go angry, destructive mode on a golf course shouldn't golf.

Kudos to you for handling it so well. Putting myself in your shoes (I can be ill tempered when playing lousy) I undoubtedly verbally give him a piece of my mind.

Sounds like you handled it the best way you could, and without escalating things any further.

Because there was no damage to you or your equipment and it doesn’t sound as though his anger was directed at you, I’d have done what you did. The outcome was the best you could have hoped for without any fighting over something that didn’t hurt you at all.

My go to on the golf course for dumbdumbs has been pretty typically laughter, so I'll just assume I'll be laughing at him while he makes eye contact.

That said, my fighting days are long over. I'm calling the pro shop immediately and letting them know some moron is destroying club property and allowing me to have a front row seat to his slow and/or bad golf.

My go to on the golf course for dumbdumbs has been pretty typically laughter, so I'll just assume I'll be laughing at him while he makes eye contact.

That said, my fighting days are long over. I'm calling the pro shop immediately and letting them know some moron is destroying club property and allowing me to have a front row seat to his slow and/or bad golf.
^^^^^ Perfect response and action ^^^^^

This is the answer.

I would like the record to show that I'd possibly have a different answer if @Jman was in the cart, but only because I know he likes to headbutt.

Or maybe @H8tobogie - I think I could pretty much get away with saying anything while he's my cartner lmao

If it was me alone, I would have said something with disapproving or fun sarcasm. It all depends.

"Seriously?"

I would like the record to show that I'd possibly have a different answer if @Jman was in the cart, but only because I know he likes to headbutt.

Or maybe @H8tobogie - I think I could pretty much get away with saying anything while he's my cartner lmao
Thank you, I think? Hahaha

For me I think it would depend on what hole we were on and how many transfusions I had consumed at that point.

For me I think it would depend on what hole we were on and how many transfusions I had consumed at that point.
What if there was a follow up offer... Like... 'take care of this and they shall flow?" :ROFLMAO:

...I used to play a lot of hockey, at a very high level. Fighting was part of the game then. So, every once in a while I lose my cool, but I'm getting older and can't be acting like a fool anymore. My first option would be to call the club house, let the dude know I called, and then wait for the club pro to get to the site where the damage was done.

Reminds me of the Ron White joke about not knowing how many guys it would take to kick his butt, but knowing how many they were going to use. I’d have been hot about it but not to the point of physical but definitely a smartass remark would have been made.

I ain’t shy, 😂.

Something would be said. I ain’t picking a fight with 4 guys, (just any combo of 4 total Gators and Bears 😂) but I didn’t read whether it was accidental or in anger? Either way an apology should have been issued. I’m trying to be a kinder and gentler person, but yeah I wouldn’t be able to just shake it off with no apology, particularly if it was in anger.

1-1 wouldn't have been an issue. 4:1 are unfavorable odds.

Maybe. Odds are his playing partners know he’s an a-hole. I’ve seen a group totally not defend someone that’s done something stupid before. I’ve also had the entire foursome ready to kick my butt before too. So probably wise to not say anything. But it likely wouldn’t have been 4-1.

Plus apparently you’re a Giant? 🤣

Back