How would you play this hole - #10 lost dunes

Driver, enough club to leave 10 yds or so to the pond, then pin hunting with a wedge.

Lol!! Close!! Here's how I see it playing out....miss right, fairway bunker. Hero shot 5w, greenside bunker. Cheer loudly with a few F-bombs because he made it without going in the water. Out of the bunker, 2 putt for par. He could 1 putt for birdie and it wouldn't surprise me though.
His misses are always right so this hole works for him. 🤣
Don't tell him, BUT that's not my style - we're going to be all over the place. I'm not exactly what one would consider "a reliable striker" yet.

Don't tell him, BUT that's not my style - we're going to be all over the place. I'm not exactly what one would consider "a reliable striker" yet.
You're in good company! He's used to being paired with the strike challenged....you're welcome 🤣

You're in good company! He's used to being paired with the strike challenged....you're welcome 🤣
So, what I'm hearing is that your entire marriage has been preparing him to deal with me? :sneaky: This is what I'm talking about @PackersGirl prepping @Davidhibler for 3 days of excitement. I'm so happy it's Friday, I'm giddy that it's only one more week and change.

Depends on how the driver swing is going and level of competition.

bad/high:

4i out 200-215. Easy iron to needle close but not close to water. Middle of green in regulation. Take the easy bogey / chance for par or better Abd run.

ok/who cares

driver and whathappens happens.

lay up anyway.

Depends on how I hit my driver, and windage.

Driver off the tee, then it's either 7w or 6i.

From the blacks, depending on day and conditions I'm either cutting it off the left edge of the fairway or drawing it off the left edge of the bunker. Going full send either way aiming for about a 7i in. Wind against more likely draw off the bunker, long iron into that very helpful front sloping green. That thing begs for a big tee shot. Plenty of time to make up for a slight miss with generous layup space.

Last edited:
Aim driver directly at the water down the left. Left or right of the water by 15 yards and you're golden. BUT you have to truly believe this is your target, or you'll end up hitting it dead straight.

Have a somewhat similar hole (and similar distance) at ne my munis. That second shot (again similar) all caryy.
It simply comes down to how well you get off the tee. How close you got, winds, lie, etc.
If all from tee is better than average it sometimes a go. If all is average or worse its a layup.

I cant even begin to tell you the countless times I been with numerous different groups of people near the water and all 4 are pitching over the water with shot#3 from failry close in yet 2,3,even all 4 of us end up clunking into the water. Its incredible how often I seen this, lol

Sometimes lol id rather be in the water with shot #2 vs shot#3. At least Im dropping 3 instead of 4 and of hitting shot #2 poorly enough likely not in water anyway. ......lol such the life of mis to high capper. But as i said then we chunk a pitch into it anyway...........take another , get too far over, pitch back on role past pin and 2 or 3 putt back for a 8 or 9. Throw clubs, curse, burp, fart, and move on to the next disaster. :sick:

Last edited:
Driver down the middle. Lay up short of the water. Short iron close to the hole. Tap in the birdie and proceed to the next hole.

That's a three shot hole for me. Driver to 240ish, 8 or 9 iron towards the end of the fairway left of the water followed by a wedge across. Good wedge = birdie, normal wedge = 2 putt par.

Driver, 53* layup, 53* over the water

Driver 7 iron 2 putt birdie

I am going to aim at the left edge of the water and hit a fade. Then lay up, then hopefully get on the green and 2 putt.

Missing left hasn’t been an issue you for me so I would hit the big stick and hopefully have. 5 or 6 iron in.

This hole is my nightmare lol. Bunker and water at my driver landing range 260-270, water left for the next shot in: right where my longer irons and 5w start to leak.

Choak down on driver to hit 250, short of bunker and well right of pond.

Whatever iron gets me comfortably close to the water edge in line with the green. Wedge or short iron to middle of green (hopefully).

That's certainly a well protected hole.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

drive in trees, lay up by water, dump next shot in water, hit chip off green, chip on green, 3 putt.....:mad:

hit driver, lay up before water and then hope to get on and 2 putt

Driver and approach shot target is middle right between pin and right edge. If I get over excited and tug it a bit still have room.

Last edited:
I’m not a huge hitter so I would need to play the tee shot to around 230 to the left side. Lay up with an 8 to the left corner then a wedge in

Oh fun, forced carry second shots into a par 5 haha.

If your average drive doesn’t give you a green light, just get it in play. You’re not gonna go for it, so take the water and sand out of consideration.

Unless that fairway is wider than the aerial, then swing hard and hope for the best.

Back