How would you play this short and fun downhill par 4?

I would aim towards the center of the fairway... just to the left of the dark green strip on the right side. I'd probably use my driver. Assuming it went straight my ball would be 180 yards out there... from there it's an 6i aimed at the front apron of the green... and I'd wind up 45 yards short. 52* wedge onto the green and 4 putt. I'd card a 7.

I'm aiming at the center of the green with Driver (over the trees) and hoping to draw it enough that it doesn't tangle with the second set of trees on the right, or just flat clears them.

I'd probably try to play a fade, but would definitely double cross it and lose one in the woods to the left.

I'm going to take my 3-wood, put it down in a safe spot and hope it rolls nicely downhill, take an easy wedge in aimed at the front, and try to 2 put for par.

Beautiful hole. I would pick a spot on the left side of the fairway and hit driver at it. I am not super long and even downhill I am likely not getting more than about 250 or 260 so the green is totally out of the discussion. If I got 260 down hill that would leave me with 120 in which is a perfect PW.

Probably hit a 3 wood toward the bend which should leave me 75-85 yards out and I’d hit a 3/4 56° at the pin

Aiming at the first mound of rough through to the shaded area opposite fairway... I think there with some fade on the ball i will have an easy second.

Driver for me, usually have a fade and the hole suits that. My miss is slice so if that happened would be in those trees and as long as not to far in can get back out to the fairway, in an ideal world.

If driver isn't acting up with 2 sided miss, I'm hitting driver.... if struggling off the tee, I'm hitting 17* hybrid to get it in the FW.... hopefully :oops:

Bangin the big stick right over the trees with a slight draw, if it gets in the bunker, i am good out of the sands there's that

Aim left side with a slight fade and leave myself a nice little 7 iron into the green.

I like to play conservatively but even I'm taking driver on this one. I'd aim at the same spot @USAF Ret in Wis pointed to.

This is the 3rd or 4th hole from Iron Valley you've highlighted on here. Looks like a fun course. Might need to have a THP event there at some point now that we've all seen photos of the course.

Pulling driver, aiming at red circle, and letting it rip. Trusting that setting up that way will encourage me to focus on getting that club face closed for the draw, and even if I don't as long as it's not a terrible swing the B21 will keep me in play.
1619465794852.png

That is a beautiful golf hole. I would lay up with a 7-wood and go from there.

Man I’ve been driving the ball well, but I drive it like I play darts - aim for the middle and hope I don’t miss the board entirely! 😆

Ive been OB left and hazard right here, so I’m not overly confident in shaping anything.

I like to play conservatively but even I'm taking driver on this one. I'd aim at the same spot @USAF Ret in Wis pointed to.

This is the 3rd or 4th hole from Iron Valley you've highlighted on here. Looks like a fun course. Might need to have a THP event there at some point now that we've all seen photos of the course.
I get all my game plans for the course from THP 😆 it’s a fun course out here in rural Lebanon County and definitely one of the nicest public courses in the area. Some very cool views and unique holes with creativity required.

Aim right edge of the green and swing away with a driver for me. Looks like it opens up a little short and right of the hole. Love the look of the hole.

Hit driver off the tee. Hope to God it stays in the fairway and out of the woods on the left. If I hit a decent drive, it will leave me an 8i into the green. 360 is not a short par 4.

What a great looking golf hole!

I'm taking driver here for sure since it looks like it'd play into my usual miss perfectly!

If I'm feeling hesitant and not swinging all that well, maybe I'm taking 3W. And depending on how my testing goes, I might pull the 18* driving iron too.

Driver

I get all my game plans for the course from THP 😆 it’s a fun course out here in rural Lebanon County and definitely one of the nicest public courses in the area. Some very cool views and unique holes with creativity required.
Definitely a good place to get game plan ideas, and it's fun to see the differences on how people would attack each hole. If THP starts a "small-town meet and greet golf tour" I nominate this place is the first stop!

The other thing I like about each of the holes you've mentioned on THP is seeing the GPS overhead view alongside your real-life photo. Makes me realize that I can form a game plan all I want looking at holes via overhead GPS but each hole can look totally different in real life or a photo.

Hit driver off the tee. Hope to God it stays in the fairway and out of the woods on the left. If I hit a decent drive, it will leave me an 8i into the green. 360 is not a short par 4.
It plays 30-50 yards shorter as you drop ~130 feet in elevation and typically have a favorable wind.

Back