How Would You Play With a Caddy?

How Would You Play With a Caddy?

• I play worse with a caddy

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • I play better with a caddy

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
I've only played 5 rounds with a caddy so I have limited experience. None were a tournament just regular rounds. Twice with a caddie carrying my bag and the other three rounds in a cart with a four caddy. Courses were:

1.The Ocean Course at Kiawah - this was a walking round with a caddy and also my first ever round with a caddy. I was very nervous the first couple of holes but the caddy quickly put me at ease. It was great going around that course with him and i'm sure I'd have shot worse without him.

2. Bay Hill - two rounds here with a fourcaddy. He was also extremely helpful and his green reading gave me a nice birdie on the 10th hole. Asked for the same caddy for the next day.

3. TPC Sawgrass - Here a fourcaddy. This was my only "bad" experience with a caddy. He seemed kind of dis-interested and didn't really give much help with reading greens. He'd look at it and say "looks kind of straight to me" which it rarely played that way.

4. East Lake - Here a walking round with individual caddy. Very good caddy whom talked a lot about the history of the course throughout the round and pointed out things to make sure and see in the club house. Gave some real good help with green reading too.

My favorite thing about the two walking rounds with caddies is the feeling you get after an approach shot lands on the green. Your still 150 yards or more to walk and your caddy hands your putter to you! Man that's a great feeling!
:D
I totally agree with you, that is an awesome feeling! I have played a couple rounds with a caddy and I absolutely love it!

Only tried it once and played quite well, someone to help keep you focused, remind you what you're doing which is playing the game of golf, and takes all that extra weight off your back. Need to try it again sometime.

Back