Ryan Law

Beating Adults at 13
Reaction score
Handicap
Front - 0
As some of you guys know, I'm on my HS golf team. I thought that I'd post on what our matches have been like, and we have played 4 already. We play match play, and we are OHS. Here's how it went down:

OHS vs WMS - 4-1. I played 3 this time, and won 4 and 3.

OHS vs CRMS - 3-2. I again played 3, and won 3 and 2.

OHS vs CRMS - 2-3. I played 3, and won 3 and 2

OHS vs WMS - 6-0. I played 1 this time, and won 2 and 1.

OHS vs WMS - 5-0. I played 1 again, and won 3 and 2

Next Match: OHS vs CRMS Oct. 4

The team is 4-1, and I'm personally 5-0. The last match was today, and here is how the holes went.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 DNP DNP

I think that golfing on a school team playing match play is so much better than stroke, because on the first hole, a par 5, I got a 9. I think match is much more fair. We are all having a lot of fun. Winning is just a bonus.

Last edited:
Congrats on your success this year!

Great going! My son and daughter both play HS golf. However their season is on the Spring and is all stroke play. I wish they would do match play. Such a fun format and I think it makes you a better golfer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks flynnie and cpljohnst, we've all been playing pretty well. We get sent off at the first tee with the 1 and 2, 3 and 4, and the 5. I like playing with my golf buddy, we both shoot a lot lower together. His match was a blowout. My match came down to the last hole, it was very exciting.

Excellent RL! We don't play match format much around here but when we do the kids love it. Glad you had a fun season..

We have 4 matches left, and then we have the tournament series. Which is a 2 man scramble. Awesome.

Our next match is the 4th of October. My new three wood should help. I am just smoking it with a 5-10 yard draw or dead straight. Also edited the first post to display my last match results.

Our team just won 5-0, me winning 3 and 2 only playing 7 holes because of them needing to catch a bus. My putting was amazing. 2 1 putts, 4 2 putts a 3 putt. I think I went 4 over par. Also updated the first page.

Back