Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting in a box blind in the rain. It's in the 40s. These deer need to come on out.

My latest harvest from Saturday

My latest harvest from Saturday

Little guy was eating the neighbor's flowers and she wanted him gone. I was happy to oblige and I'm sure he'll taste good later.
965e642961b8129399a28436f934386d.jpg
3be45717e75051be61c3250fa7601dca.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Awesome thread

Love not being able to avoid that picture on tapatalk...I have 11 that were rescued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading after the "harvest" that rabbit meat is actually VERY healthy. I also read that you can produce as much as 6lbs rabbit meat on the same amount of feed and water as 1lb of beef! I'm considering putting some rabbit pens in the back yard now.

Last edited:
Yikes, I hope we don't see a rabbit at Talking Stick... :surrender:

wild rabbits are pests not pets, and i have 2 pet rabbits

Moved to appropriate thread

Moved to appropriate thread

Well, that's some kinda BS, now ain't it? I posted a post to show how I'd eliminated a pest from my neighborhood and for some reason you decide it related to hunting? Now, instead of being able to have my own place to talk about my experience, it'll get buried in this thread. Thanks for nothing. That was pointless, served no purpose, and helped nothing.

Well, that's some kinda BS, now ain't it? I posted a post to show how I'd eliminated a pest from my neighborhood and for some reason you decide it related to hunting? Now, instead of being able to have my own place to talk about my experience, it'll get buried in this thread. Thanks for nothing. That was pointless, served no purpose, and helped nothing.

You also admitted to committing a felony...

It needed to go in here. No need for multiple threads on topics.

Correct. If it's a cotton tail as I suspect, it's out of season.

It needed to go in here. No need for multiple threads on topics. Correct. If it's a cotton tail as I suspect, it's out of season.
I wasn't hunting. I simply killed a pest in my yard.

I wasn't hunting. I simply killed a pest in my yard.

Fish and Wildlife likely wouldn't agree.

Regardless, it really didn't need its own thread imo. But, it's clear you disagree so whatever.

So how was the dinner OG? Little A1 Steak Sauce? Didn't know you Oklahomans got down with roadkill and rodents for an appetizer.

While the Oklahoma rabbit hunting season is open October 1, 2018 to March 15, 2019, I seriously doubt that killing a rabbit out of season is a felony.
I don't know how the rabbit was harvested or exactly where, but I caution everyone about accusations of felony in a public forum.

On a personal note, I do know for a fact that rabbit meat is tasty and I used to hunt them as a kid in Nebraska.

So how was the dinner OG? Little A1 Steak Sauce? Didn't know you Oklahomans got down with roadkill and rodents for an appetizer.
It'll be good. It's still curing. I'll probably cook it tonight, but I have one be putting A1 on it. BTW, rabbits aren't rodents. Squirrels are though and they're delicious, too.

You killed a rabbit. Sorry if I deprived you of a dedicated thread to document the extensive commentary that comes from taking such vicious wild game.

Don't have anything against hunting - I used to have a bird dog and hunted Upland Birds for 10 years.
With that being said, Got to think a Havahart Live Trap and released down the road (Rabbits make friends with other Rabbits pretty quickly as I'm told) would have been more appropriate, especially out of season.

I can sense your insincerity. If you're sorry, fix it. Otherwise, keep the dishonesty to yourself.
You killed a rabbit. Sorry if I deprived you of a dedicated thread to document the extensive commentary that comes from taking such vicious wild game.

Why pass up a good meal... er, side dish.
Don't have anything against hunting - I used to have a bird dog and hunted Upland Birds for 10 years.
With that being said, Got to think a Havahart Live Trap and released down the road (Rabbits make friends with other Rabbits pretty quickly as I'm told) would have been more appropriate, especially out of season.

I can sense your insincerity. If you're sorry, fix it. Otherwise, keep the dishonesty to yourself.

Had you not posted the photos I would have left it alone.

Had you not posted the photos I would have left it alone.
What's not family friendly about those photos? Heck, one of my kids took the photo and the other helped me field (er, garage) dress it.

Me thinks you're a bit too sensitive. Life ain't all rainbows and unicorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back