Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on guys, a thread was moved, a bunny was killed, this is no reason to get mad, can't we all just get along?

Love not being able to avoid that picture on tapatalk...I have 11 that were rescued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can turn image preview off.

Huntin', Fishin' & Lovin' Every Day up in here!

471wl_s-200x150.gif
Thanks, Nate. You just found a way to make my wife more accepting of THP, though she now may be wondering about the volume of time I spend here in a different way.

I really find the great rabbit killing thread of 2018 to be very amusing, but I am a bit puzzled but the very strong reactions by the OP.

A lot of us are shooters / gun owners and hunters but in this day and age a awful lot of people are not (kind of like smokers) and we need to pick our battles since I feel we are in the minority and why kick the bear if you don't need too?

Eat your rabbit and be happy it was not a skunk!!!

Discharging a firearm within city limits is a class a offense.

We are in Washington, he is in Oklahoma. I don't know the laws in Oklahoma and like I said, I don't even know how the rabbit was harvested.
Pellet gun, BB gun, slingshot, AK-47, shotgun, mobile grenade launcher, air to ground missile, etc...

We are in Washington, he is in Oklahoma. I don't know the laws in Oklahoma and like I said, I don't even know how the rabbit was harvested.
Pellet gun, BB gun, slingshot, AK-47, shotgun, mobile grenade launcher, air to ground missile, etc...

I have a basic manual operating pellet/bb gun for critters just in case. Too much of a hassle. I need some rapid fire bb gun to have any shot at getting that squirrel that keeps tormenting my dogs.

I have a basic manual operating pellet/bb gun for critters just in case. Too much of a hassle. I need some rapid fire bb gun to have any shot at getting that squirrel that keeps tormenting my dogs.
Mmm hmm...does little to explain why you were asking about the side dish options possible with rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the rabbit will BE the side dish.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rabbit hunting is serious business!
This guy is going to feed his whole family with this sucker!
9ed309a6e790240569b64fb58bdec448.jpg

Just be damn sure you aren’t squirrel hunting, I hear sometimes you have to really break out the big guns for that!
8f76110c3e234b30d401a170d67e49e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to upgrade your setup then. I have a couple pcp air rifles that will group inside a nickel at 50 yards and are quite effective at eliminating tree rats..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I spent some time in Eutaw, Alabama building a bridge over the Black Warrior River and the local place to eat "Red's" was a small diner type place and of course Red was always there.
He was at the time maybe in his 60's and a true Southerner, there was always a small beagle type dog laying by his feet and one day after work over beers I asked Red what kind of dog it was, now being an obivous Yankee he said "Yankee that is a squirrel dog" and smiled at me. (he had maybe 4 teeth in his head).

Well being young and foolish I laughed at him and said what $#%& is a squirrel dog?

He said come with me yankee and he got his 22 rifle and out the door we went, there was lots of tall oak trees all around and Red whistled twice and the dog took off running around in trees. All at once the dog stopped and froze in front of a tall tree and low and behold there was a squirrel up about 30-40 ft on the side of the tree and when he saw Red he went around the back of the tree.

Red whistled only once in a different pitch and the dog ran around the back of tree barking like crazy and the squirrel came running around the front of the tree and Red was waiting with the gun up and shot it in the back.

The dog brought the squirrel back and dropped it on Red's shoe. Red looked at me and smiled and said "That is a #$@&ing Squirrel dog son"

We need to upgrade your setup then. I have a couple pcp air rifles that will group inside a nickel at 50 yards and are quite effective at eliminating tree rats..

Now that's what I'm talking about. I've already looked into a few Co2's that will probably be much more adequate than my manual pump 10 times before every shot option right now.

Yup it’s that time of year again. Time to bump this thread up. Heading out in the morning for the opening day of Waterfowl season in Wisconsin. Can’t wait.

Oh yeah! I was thinking about starting a hunting thread! I didn't realize this was here. I'm definitely switching over from golf mode to hunting mode! I deer hunt in northern Michigan from the 1st of October to the 1st of January!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

09e719ccce6910a86ec04ada20706677.jpg

It was a beautiful morning yesterday. We managed to get a few mallards and teal and had a great time BS’ing with my hunting buddies. This coming week is going to be all about golf and Grandaddy prep.

A week from now, I'll be on my way to Cordoba, Argentina for epic dove hunting with my brother and friends.

Last weekend I was in the stand for a little over 9 hours with my bow and saw a ton of deer but the ones I wanted didn't get within bow range. They were not rutting yet but next weekend I'll take my rifle out and hopefully they are chasing

I'm a little late updating but I took this deer the day before Thanksgiving. I had just started packing up as we were having Thanksgiving dinner that night (early) when a bunch of does came running over a hill. Then I saw this old buck limping a ways behind them with a coyote quickly chasing him down. Two shots later and I have fresh venison in the freezer and one less coyote on the farm. Bad news was that I completely missed Thanksgiving dinner. I how everyone has had a good season!!
65de5b7fd377f91f591cb0d958d2fd4c.jpg

I'm not a hunter but have a fairly powerful pellet gen with a scope and earlier in my life did a lot of target shooting ending up getting my Silver in Dominion Marksmanship. Anyway, we gad a squirrel that would jump on the bedroom window ledge outside and with the window about 14' wide he would run back and forth multiple times per day tormenting the S**t out of our dog.

Anyway after lunch one day I see the squirrel out by the shed about 50 yards away, grabbed my rifle and with him sitting on his haunches and well you know the rest of the story. Dog enjoyed his morning and afternoon naps after that.

I've killed 2 so far this year. Freezer is full

e7c168bba07ed092469d539e3ff6a680.jpg
59aa73569e2f43f58e11e0a70025b424.jpg

My son got his first deer just before Thanksgiving. 112 lb doe. I was fortunate to take this 187 lb 7 point last weekend.
5329bc4fcc77bdbd1a3c737f2f906086.jpg
aa66ae6a523ee01fdf57fbcb323121a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've killed 2 so far this year. Freezer is full

e7c168bba07ed092469d539e3ff6a680.jpg
59aa73569e2f43f58e11e0a70025b424.jpg

Nice Chris!

Well hunting season is finally over! I didn't do very good in northern Michigan. I let several small six points go hoping for a bigger deer but never got a shot. I filled my Michigan tags with a couple of doe.

I was fortunate this year to be able to go on a Southern Illinois hunt, after a couple of days seeing no deer I was fortunate enough to have this big Bruiser get close enough for me to take a shot, the deer of my life! 157 inch 13 point.

Now it's time to get back into golf mode, I'm headed to Florida for a little golf next week!
e4d7dbcdef3fe82e70b36d6fe4dbf7c4.jpg
ed79e0e9802aa01970436b9a98869431.jpg
4a652982300dcf815b8a55398fceab9d.jpg

Well hunting season is finally over! I didn't do very good in northern Michigan. I let several small six points go hoping for a bigger deer but never got a shot. I filled my Michigan tags with a couple of doe.

I was fortunate this year to be able to go on a Southern Illinois hunt, after a couple of days seeing no deer I was fortunate enough to have this big Bruiser get close enough for me to take a shot, the deer of my life! 157 inch 13 point.

Now it's time to get back into golf mode, I'm headed to Florida for a little golf next week!
e4d7dbcdef3fe82e70b36d6fe4dbf7c4.jpg
ed79e0e9802aa01970436b9a98869431.jpg
4a652982300dcf815b8a55398fceab9d.jpg

Nice rack, Dave!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back