Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hunting season is finally over! I didn't do very good in northern Michigan. I let several small six points go hoping for a bigger deer but never got a shot. I filled my Michigan tags with a couple of doe.

I was fortunate this year to be able to go on a Southern Illinois hunt, after a couple of days seeing no deer I was fortunate enough to have this big Bruiser get close enough for me to take a shot, the deer of my life! 157 inch 13 point.

Now it's time to get back into golf mode, I'm headed to Florida for a little golf next week!
e4d7dbcdef3fe82e70b36d6fe4dbf7c4.jpg
ed79e0e9802aa01970436b9a98869431.jpg
4a652982300dcf815b8a55398fceab9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
That's an incredible deer! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bruiser indeed. Congratulations! What county were you in?

Well hunting season is finally over! I didn't do very good in northern Michigan. I let several small six points go hoping for a bigger deer but never got a shot. I filled my Michigan tags with a couple of doe.

I was fortunate this year to be able to go on a Southern Illinois hunt, after a couple of days seeing no deer I was fortunate enough to have this big Bruiser get close enough for me to take a shot, the deer of my life! 157 inch 13 point.

Now it's time to get back into golf mode, I'm headed to Florida for a little golf next week!
e4d7dbcdef3fe82e70b36d6fe4dbf7c4.jpg
ed79e0e9802aa01970436b9a98869431.jpg
4a652982300dcf815b8a55398fceab9d.jpg

Man that's a great deer! Congrats! They just make them bigger in Ohio. Very few deer get that big here in VA
You're gonna mount it I hope.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bruiser indeed. Congratulations! What county were you in?
I was in white county.

Man that's a great deer! Congrats! They just make them bigger in Ohio. Very few deer get that big here in VA
You're gonna mount it I hope.

Oh yes, I'm getting it mounted. I am still trying to Talk my wife into letting me Put it in The house!

Oh yes, I'm getting it mounted. I am still trying to Talk my wife into letting me Put it in The house!

Mine is in my bedroom overlooking the bed. Mrs Nut barely even notices.

Regular season is over but I had a chance to participate in the late antlerless season Saturday. I had a group of large does at 155 yards that I was settling in to shoot when a 14 point buck walks in front of me, only 25 feet away and grunts. He was a trophy and would have been the biggest buck taken on the farm. He was looking at the does and never noticed me. I shot the largest doe and the buck ran about 20 yards and looked around confused then slowly made his way to the far woodline. It was unreal. I decided to circle around inside the woods to try to push a deer to my father in law and walked right up on another big old doe. I dropped her then called my father in law to let him know I had taken care of him. It was a great way to end my final hunt of the season and the freezers are full!

Regular season is over but I had a chance to participate in the late antlerless season Saturday. I had a group of large does at 155 yards that I was settling in to shoot when a 14 point buck walks in front of me, only 25 feet away and grunts. He was a trophy and would have been the biggest buck taken on the farm. He was looking at the does and never noticed me. I shot the largest doe and the buck ran about 20 yards and looked around confused then slowly made his way to the far woodline. It was unreal. I decided to circle around inside the woods to try to push a deer to my father in law and walked right up on another big old doe. I dropped her then called my father in law to let him know I had taken care of him. It was a great way to end my final hunt of the season and the freezers are full!

Great hunt. Fun to see big bucks! Nice to have venison in the freezer!

DT Hogey, that's a great buck. Congrats.

I hunt northern Wis and got a chance to hunt in Illinois last year, only saw a small 8 pointer. Hoping to have better luck there and draw a muzzleloader permit in Iowa.

My wife got this 8 pointer in Wisconsin with our Scorpyd crossbow last year.

IMG-4536.jpg

Got my first elk in 2017 in Meeker, CO. Shot him at 530 yards with my 7mm RUM. Had a great time as my dad shot his first elk the day before I shot mine. Got some grief from him on the way home cause his was bigger. But I countered with "Mine was further". Lol, he shot his at 300 yards.
f23e39e1040372e08cd098e718dd34ad.jpg
59fae5b2c0568aeb4955ba14800b3e34.jpg

Got my first elk in 2017 in Meeker, CO. Shot him at 530 yards with my 7mm RUM. Had a great time as my dad shot his first elk the day before I shot mine. Got some grief from him on the way home cause his was bigger. But I countered with "Mine was further". Lol, he shot his at 300 yards.
f23e39e1040372e08cd098e718dd34ad.jpg
59fae5b2c0568aeb4955ba14800b3e34.jpg

Nice elk, that's some good shooting

Don't you have a damage permit to hunt year round? It is your family's farm, correct?

Don't you have a damage permit to hunt year round? It is your family's farm, correct?
Loudon County has the extended season that goes to the end of March for antlerless. It is on my inlaws farm but we've never needed to get the damage permits as the farmer who plants the fields just gets insurance to cover the lost crops. A friend of the family has a farm further west that often gets the damage permits and we help them out as they have huge herds of deer at times.

Loudon County has the extended season that goes to the end of March for antlerless. It is on my inlaws farm but we've never needed to get the damage permits as the farmer who plants the fields just gets insurance to cover the lost crops. A friend of the family has a farm further west that often gets the damage permits and we help them out as they have huge herds of deer at times.

I know. I'm in Loudoun. Where is your in laws farm?
You might have become my new hunting buddy!

I know. I'm in Loudoun. Where is your in laws farm?
You might have become my new hunting buddy!

The only issue there is permissions as my father in law begrudgingly allows me to hunt there because I married his daughter. I will work on him if you are serious though.. Sometimes it only takes a bottle if Jack Daniel's and other times he's impossible. The farm is in Aldie near where rt50 hits rt15.

The only issue there is permissions as my father in law begrudgingly allows me to hunt there because I married his daughter. I will work on him if you are serious though.. Sometimes it only takes a bottle if Jack Daniel's and other times he's impossible. The farm is in Aldie near where rt50 hits rt15.

Hell yeah! I'll buy him a case of Jack! You have the entire off season to schmooze him over. I'll do whatever it takes... work on his farm, haul stuff away, etc
I just love hunting but it's always a hassle to find places to.

Are there any hunters near Central or Northern Cali? I really want to get into hunting, but I have not shot a rifle in a long time, and I don't know anyone to go with.

I also just bought a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter in a .308, and am looking for someone to teach me how to shoot it.

I just picked up a Benelli SBE 3 for duck hunting. This is my first auto loader after using mostly my 870 for ducks since 1987. I look forward to getting out soon to test it out.

I just picked up a Benelli SBE 3 for duck hunting. This is my first auto loader after using mostly my 870 for ducks since 1987. I look forward to getting out soon to test it out.
Color me jealous!

Color me jealous!

It was time for a replacement. I received a 10% off coupon good for online order only from a local store(Fleet Farm) and strangely got it to work for the SBE. Obviously I have to show ID when I pick it up tomorrow but as you know it’s tough to get that shotgun at a discount($1619+ tax). I’m definitely not in California anymore with being able to buy guns online and pick them up the same or next day, lol.

Nice. I've had my SBE 2 for about 15 years now. No telling how many thousands of round i have through that thing. Very simple to clean as well

Been to Africa twice for plainsgame. 13 animals total... here's 2. Gemsbok and a White Blesbok. Both are nice examples.

N4OpJbw.jpg

DxOIoIk.jpg

Got a great week coming up-5 days in northern Wisconsin at my brother in law's camp, 800 acres to myself for whitetails, then Nov 7-10 in Illinois, just south of Davenport Iowa

Just hoping a couple bucks show up!

couple Illinois bucksA372A888-9706-4CCE-95AA-E228A0BF5CF2.jpeg

A4C533F5-4E0D-4C66-9A64-C73595F10ECF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back