the Belbs

Everybody Clap your Hands
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 1.001
So, they are predicting that this storm (currently a Category 4 Hurricane) will be making land fall on Saturday near (less than 30-40 miles) where I live. Last time we were hit with a Hurricane was Hurricane Juan in September of 2003, and some places were without power for up to 10 days.

http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-earl-2010

This Hurricane stuff may be old hat to some of you, but it doesn't happen often around here. Lets hope they are wrong and it goes way off the coast.

Hope it misses you, RB.

Hope it misses ya. I've been thru too many and they suck! 2004 I was w/o power for 23 days in September. Might wanna get yourself a generator just in case, they are a lifesaver.

Hope it misses ya. I've been thru too many and they suck! 2004 I was w/o power for 23 days in September. Might wanna get yourself a generator just in case, they are a lifesaver.

I was going to type that earlier too. A generator is a great thing to have. Of course we bought ours two years ago and ever since we bought it we haven't had a storm. But we know we are prepared if it happens.

I was going to type that earlier too. A generator is a great thing to have. Of course we bought ours two years ago and ever since we bought it we haven't had a storm. But we know we are prepared if it happens.

lol exactly. I purchased mine in 2005, it'll run the whole house. Of course, since then we've only been hit my Wilma in 05 but she was a ***** cat.

Hope it misses you too. About the generator, they are probably pretty pricey with the possibility of a hurricane coming. They always go on sale after a big massive power outage here, when the stores have more in stock than they usually carry!

After making it through Katrina and Gustav, I highly recommend getting a generator. It will be worth its weight in platinum if your power is out for over 2 weeks, as ours was here in Baton Rouge......

Hope it misses you too. About the generator, they are probably pretty pricey with the possibility of a hurricane coming. They always go on sale after a big massive power outage here, when the stores have more in stock than they usually carry!

I agree but it's still totally worth paying over retail

not a fun feeling for sure. hope you get lucky and it misses you. good rule of thumb for any storm that big and headed your way is to hope for the best, expect the worst and try to prepare for anything. keep us up to date and stay safe

Like the rest, I hope it misses you as well. We're pretty well versed on that stuff down here but even if it was less of a storm I know folks are less prepared in those areas that aren't hit often so we'll hope for the best. Good luck and stay safe.

Good Luck with your potentional weather situation. Button down the hatches, buy or rent a generator asap, and like GG and the rest of those who have been through this type of weather, make sure you have plenty of water & can goods. Let's all pray that it turns out into the Ocean and does not come ashore.

Hey RB, you get the generator, I'll bring the steak and propane. :act-up:
Let's hope it passes us. Snow storms are no big deal but hurricanes we don't do very often.

I'm in the path too - Halifax, NS. It should weaken a bit by Saturday, hopefully down to Cat 1. Wish I had a generator!

I'm in CT and am supposed to have a getaway Anniversary weekend in Boston this weekend. Looking questionnable at this point.

I hope it misses us too. I have tee times for Saturday and Sunday!

lol

Here is an article on it for those that are concerned

Water and more water, stock up....And don't forget to gas up all your vehicles...and several cans of gas for the generator...Also go and get some cash, ATMs will be down if power is out for an extended period of time...Good luck, hope it takes a turn out to sea...That's what I'm hoping here on the Outer Banks of NC...

And if they tell you to evacuate.....DO IT!!!!!
Don't think "We'll be fine....nothing bad could happen to us if we stay".......learn from Katrina victim's mistakes!!!

+ 1 million!

And if they tell you to evacuate.....DO IT!!!!!
Don't think "We'll be fine....nothing bad could happen to us if we stay".......learn from Katrina victim's mistakes!!!

I hope it misses too. Last I read they arent expecting it to make landfall, but they are also saying that it could shift more west than they think, so who knows. My girlfriend's family lives in Silver Spring, MD; so Im hoping it misses them.
About the generator, they are worth their weight in gold when you need them. I work for Generac Power Systems, so if anyone is thinking about buying a generator and has any questions, feel free to ask and Id be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Earl isn't here yet but he's on his way. While out to the liquor store I snapped this pic.

attachment.php

This isn't the ocean. It's a basin in off the harbour. The building is supposed to be there. I think it's a research facility.
Haven't lost power yet but some have.
Anyway we have rum, wine, beer and reading material oh and lots of food.

glad to hear your well stocked chestnutt, now stay safe!

Earl isn't here yet but he's on his way. While out to the liquor store I snapped this pic.

attachment.php

This isn't the ocean. It's a basin in off the harbour. The building is supposed to be there. I think it's a research facility.
Haven't lost power yet but some have.
Anyway we have rum, wine, beer and reading material oh and lots of food.

Back