Ouimet

Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to replace my Mizzy hybrid. Lost all confidence with it and have been reading all teh reviews here and such like.

Have really narrowed it down to 3 that I want to try - although finding a Nickent to demo is nye on impossible here.

1. Nickent 4DX

2. Cleveland DST

3. Adams Pro Gold

I suppose all 3 are solid choices and my swing is more important than the differences in these clubs but which would you choose? I know there are some platyers of all 3 on here so any thoughts/feedback would be much appreciated as I seek the holy grail.

So far since joining THP I have made 2 significant purchases that have been A1 (irons and driver) so let's make it a hat-trick.

Thx in advance

I'ld pick the Nickent. I know it sucks you wont be able to demo them but Nickent makes a good solid Hybrid for about 30-40 bucks cheaper than the Cleveland DST. The Adams are nice, but they're a little more on the "iron" side of the hybrid mix. My buddy has them and they're great off the tee or from the fairway, but not quite as automatic from the rough as some other hybrids.

I havent tried the Adams or Cleveland, but I just got the Nicket 4dx hybird about 2 weeks ago, and man do I love it! Forgiving, straight, and long... Plus, for only about $50, they're half the price of the others...

Just a point, the prices in the UK are pretty close between all 3, certainly not enough to be a factor in my decision.

Thx so far for the 4DX love.

Have you thought about the 5DX? Have to go with the Nickent either way.

I bought mine from these guys (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NICKENT-5DX-I...md=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3cae22f1bf)

Even with the shipping to UK and duties (which may be nothing for less than 70 pounds) you can get two of the 5dx Ironwoods for less than buying one in the UK. They will sell you any two of the 2,3,4,5,6 for that price. Great deal, and a fantastic hybrid.

I bought mine from these guys (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NICKENT-5DX-I...md=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3cae22f1bf)

Even with the shipping to UK and duties (which may be nothing for less than 70 pounds) you can get two of the 5dx Ironwoods for less than buying one in the UK. They will sell you any two of the 2,3,4,5,6 for that price. Great deal, and a fantastic hybrid.

I got the same deal. I got the 2i and 3i in stiff. They are great clubs. I bought them on the recommendation of this board without having hit them. I figured for the price at worst I could let my son use them if I didn't like them. I won't even let him try them now for fear they might disappear from my bag mysteriously. They are longer and easier to hit than my big bertha hybrids they replaced.

Job done I think, as you say even with any duties that is better than I can do over here in the motherland.

Found a #3 and #4 in stiff which is exactly what I'm after and will sell on the one that least fills the gap between my 4i and 4w. Can't see how I can really pass this up - massive, massive thanks for this spot TS - I owe you one for sure.

Job done I think, as you say even with any duties that is better than I can do over here in the motherland.

Found a #3 and #4 in stiff which is exactly what I'm after and will sell on the one that least fills the gap between my 4i and 4w. Can't see how I can really pass this up - massive, massive thanks for this spot TS - I owe you one for sure.

Cheers Ouimet, I think you will love the clubs. You may even end up keeping them both! Let us know how you make out with them.

Check out the hybrid shootout on the homepage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a 5DX 2i online for $55 new and love it. Easy to hit, straight and long. It's funny when people look at my bag and ask who makes Nickent and I saw nobody!

Check out the hybrid shootout on the homepage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first port of call - thx for the shout though. I do appreciate all your help.

The 5DX deal is just so ridic I am going to go with that and if that fails I'll be back. Judging by reviews I think I may well be keeping the 4 if it as long as the reviews and comments suggest. Going to have find a good hickory shaft for them I think.....:wink:

My 4 iron is about 190 and my 4w around 220 so 200-210 is my baby with whichever of these is nearer to that.

Thats a long 4 iron for such a short 4w
This was my first port of call - thx for the shout though. I do appreciate all your help.

The 5DX deal is just so ridic I am going to go with that and if that fails I'll be back. Judging by reviews I think I may well be keeping the 4 if it as long as the reviews and comments suggest.

My 4 iron is about 190 and my 4w around 220 so 200-210 is my baby with whichever of these is nearer to that.

id say thats pretty good distances, means the 3 wood goes about 230-245 which is really good..

Well the R9s are a good club longer for me - could also be that I am properly fit for them which must help. I am finding it hard to be brave enough to take a shorter iron than usual with these but the results speak for themselves.

I'm not a huge hitter - driver around 240 (ss about 95) but the R9s have me hitting an 8i 150 and a wedge 125 which is a good clonk more than my old sets.

I am going through a major swing change too (due to a bout of the hooks) so it's all a bit inconsistent but that's how I hit em. I was surprised to reach a 214 yd par 3 with it on Friday - a little downhill and quite firm so I went with it and was pin high. I just wish I was good enough to dial it consistently but my shots will vary like most mid caps.

Also pleased to see that JB and me have something in common....:blowkiss: beats fighting. Life's too short for that.

Just wanted to say a ty for this spot - I had to pay a little collection fee + VAT and basically got 2 5DXs for the price of one here in the UK.

I really am very grateful for that and the all the suggestions in the thread. Good stuff THPers.

Now I just need to see which one fills the 4w - 4i gap and I'm away.

Back