Hybrid One Length?

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
In commenting and entering the OL challenge, I had some time to look back at my testing of the OL and some of the comments that were made in the challenge post related to my own experience.

Seems like everyone(most) were on board with the OL in the 4-7 irons, but several including myself had issues with the scoring irons 8-GW in the OL design. For me it was an immediate like for the longer irons because it felt right hitting a long iron with a shorter shaft. Conversely it was more difficult for me(and some others) to hit the shorter irons with longer shafts. For me at least, hitting a short iron with a longer shaft just doesn't feel right and it resulted in swing issues.

My question is why can't you make a hybrid set, OL 4-7 and standard length 8-GW? I'm sure somewhere there has to be a reason and either I missed it entirely, doesn't work because we've tried that or something else. Almost seems like a no-brainer!

In commenting and entering the OL challenge, I had some time to look back at my testing of the OL and some of the comments that were made in the challenge post related to my own experience.

Seems like everyone(most) were on board with the OL in the 4-7 irons, but several including myself had issues with the scoring irons 8-GW in the OL design. For me it was an immediate like for the longer irons because it felt right hitting a long iron with a shorter shaft. Conversely it was more difficult for me(and some others) to hit the shorter irons with longer shafts. For me at least, hitting a short iron with a longer shaft just doesn't feel right and it resulted in swing issues.

My question is why can't you make a hybrid set, OL 4-7 and standard length 8-GW? I'm sure somewhere there has to be a reason and either I missed it entirely, doesn't work because we've tried that or something else. Almost seems like a no-brainer!

Were you able to listen to the podcast? If not, you may want to as we talk about this quite a bit.

Were you able to listen to the podcast? If not, you may want to as we talk about this quite a bit.

To make this short, I was traveling and didn't have my earphones with me so no I didn't listen to it. However what you touched on does make sense which is why I wondered about it also.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back