HYDRATION ON THE COURSE

Thanks for all the replies. After some research, I think I'll try Ultima Replenisher .Its got no sugar or calories and seems to have more of the important active ingredients than other products.
Yes I like that it doesn't have sugar. I usually drink 3 24oz. drinks on a hot day and wrap one of those cooling towels around my neck as I walk.

I have started carrying 2 1 liter smart water bottles. I throw 2 liquid iv packets in the first one and then 2 nuuns in the 2nd one. Try to drink the first one on the front and finish the 2nd one on the back.

Hopefully we get back to having water on the course and I can go back to using one of the several water bottles I have. I mean I could use them, but for now carrying I need to limit the amount of dead weight I am hauling around.

Yes I like that it doesn't have sugar. I usually drink 3 24oz. drinks on a hot day and wrap one of those cooling towels around my neck as I walk.
The cooling towels are great during the summer, they really make a difference. I also have a couple of the Aussie Soaker hats I can wet down.

we are hard core walkers and we have had several guys get dizzy or have issues in the heat. It was not that they were not drinking water just not enough. We also play alot of winter golf and the amount of water needed is much less. Typically we just pass on +90 degree heat and walking. Walking a long course on a 85 degree high humidity day

- hydrate day before and as you drive to the course
- I drink roughly 100oz of water or gatoraide on the course. This is stil not enough fluid. I have 40oz and 24oz bottles that I pack so I'm pretty accurate in my 100oz statement
- another 24oz on the drive home
- once home I drink 2 beers with dinner because I'm not going to need to get up in the middle of the nigh to pee no matter what I do

Even with all of the above, we can't walk back to back hot days. back in my younger years we used to walk 36 on a Saturday and another 18 on Sunday. Unclear why age makes dehydration worse for an older person but certainly I don't recall carrying 100oz of anything back in the day

I will definitely pay more attention to drinking water before I play. Always tried to minimize that since , other than the woods, there are no porto johns on the course , and lots of women do play . Going back to the clubhouse, even at the turn, is a pain. For my 70th birthday, wife and kids got me an electric pushcart, so hopefully that helps as well.

we play a wide open links course and I go in the woods or tall grass. NO fear of having to go but your point is well made if that was a challenge. What I find on the first few holes is that i need to go for maybe the first 5 holes then even if the walking makes me think I need to go it is a false alarm by 10. Hard to imagine that much water being consumed but no urge to go by 18

Water, on days like you explained maybe 1 gatorade also looking into Liquid IV much less sugar

Last summer I got myself in a very dangerous on course situation. It was a 95 degree day with 90 percent humidity. I didn't drink any water before playing and I was walking. By the 7th hole I literally almost passed out. Blurred vision, stiff neck, bad. A playing partner gave me a vitamin C packet which I mixed with some water and I gradually felt better. The rest of the season I added a pedialyte type product to water and it seemed to help. somewhat. Does anyone have any suggestions on a product I could add to water or any drink , to keep me hydrated and prevent me from dropping dead playing the game I love? LOL
Gatorade or Powerade would be good. You can buy the dry powder packets that you can just mix into a bottle of water. Im often not great about hydrating either. I often drink mostly just beer or Diet Coke.

You need to drink more water. Living in FL we play in conditions like that all summer. There’s usually water in the course but I also have a 24oz water bottle with some kind of energy packet added to the water. I’ve used Nuune and works great. My wife does stuff called isagenix which has something similar. It’s like an orange or lime or blueberry energy packet added to water.

I play and walk in those conditions 5 or 6 days a week in the summer. Always drink at least 20 ounces of water on the way to the course before I tee off and keep drinking water throughout the round. Usually do 1 bottle if water mixed with a Propel packet around the turn.

I always put 2 packs of powdered pedialite in 1 bottle of water and down it during 18 holes even during winter.

You just need the electrolytes. Maye its if you are working out during the week. And if its hot, you need to prepare ahead of time rather than getting to the course and being nonchalant or carelessness about weather such as a 90 degree day. On the other hand, they could put water out of the course. Some kind of energy boost is needed maybe its an iced coffee whatever your body responds to. water or gatorade may not actually help you on a hot day. For me it is maybe 3 or 4 gatorades possibly before the turn, but i dont like the sugar so water works too but i like more than that. even the sweet taste bothers me, they have zero suguar gatoradesbut they are sweet. i like an iced coffee black

Back