Hype that was confirmed for you?

Recoil proto iron shafts

C721 driver, mostly from what I saw by you @Jman !

That's an easy one ... Srixon ZX irons (knocked Mizuno out of the bag o_O)

Apex '19 irons. That thread, and people's love for them, was just impossible to ignore. For good reason.

This is a popular one, but Recoil shafts. I was thinking about a switch to graphite with my last set of irons, King Forged Tec. I went to read some reviews on them and ended up in the recoil thread here on THP. They sounded pretty great but I didn’t know much about anything tech wise before I found this place.

Well everyone here was spot on and those shafts made me never went to go back to steel again. I have graphite in every club now all because of those shafts. I’d say that the hype translated very well

UST Mamiya Recoil Proto Iron Shafts
Apex CF16
Kinetixx Driver Shafts

Kinetixx velocity and B21. That combo has been ridiculous for me.

Since a lot of it has panned out for me, I will stick to a couple that had MEGA hype heading in.

Callaway Epic when it was first announced 4-5 years ago was the most hyped driver since R11 and it delivered (R11 did not).
UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts were so heavily talked about when I was visiting OEMs when they first came out about a decade ago. They delivered and then some.

Jailbreak was the first thing that hopped into my mind. I have played with other drivers since the first epic, but always come back to a Callaway.

It was Triple Track for me. I remember sitting in the studio at Callaway hearing about it and was thinking, eh and not sure I would like it, but it has come to be a game changer for my putting, so much so that if I buy balls without it, I stencil it on the ball.

Wilson Staff Di11 irons and FG Tour V2 irons. And the threads here are classics.

This is a hard one.. Some clubs that I have been very impressed with over the past little bit.

ES21 wedges
BB21 driver
M craft putters
Titlesit TSi woods
Srixon ZX7 irons

Hands down, B21 driver

UST shafts. Not one in particular, every single one I've tried has been incredible.
Bridgestone golf balls
Cobra in its entirety.

I wouldn't have given the time to any of these if not for THP. Now they're all I use (save for trying different balls, but the important rounds get a Bridgestone)

B21 driver

Epic Max LS. Callaway said it is not like the sub zero and boy is that right. Very forgiving, lower spin and neutral setup. They freaking nailed it and I was skeptical at first.

Last edited:
Not a club/shaft, but the universal love for the Claw Pro got me to bite on 2 pair. One of the best recommendations I've ever gotten, the hype is real. When it comes to clubs: the z765 irons by Srixon delivered exactly like everyone said they would.

Edit: also not a club but THP was dead-on about how good the PuttOUT trainer is.

I would say I was very happily surprised with the Tour Edge products. I read many posts here about Tour Edge, but just never could bring myself to thinking of using their products over the big companies (Cobra, Callaway, etc).

After winning the Fantasy Golf last year and playing the Tour Edge clubs, I would argue they are excellent options to play with. I currently have two Tour Edge clubs in my bag and probably will continue to have them as gamers for this season.

1. Recoil iron shafts. I will never go back to steel
2. RadSpeed irons: exceeded my wildest expectation(they have recoil 780s)
3. RadSpeed XB driver: so stable and really improved my driving which had declined drastically for a few months prior

I would say my wife would absolutely agree with the Theragun call. I was all about trying the Theragun and she was in the absolutely no category. After forcing her to try and just give it a shot my wife now almost uses the Theragun nightly.

The biggest one for me is an oldie but goodie.
That Cleveland MASHIE was nothing to sneeze at. I miss that club. :cry:

LA Golf Shafts......Olyss. Its a monster

Back