Hypothetical question

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Let’s say you go a THP experience that involves a full fitting, full bag of clubs the works.. by the very best in the industry at it.

how long are you going to commit to said equipment before making any changes?

I say, if I “hypothetically” 😉 getting fit by the best. I am not changing it. I am going to roll with it for a while. Let’s say at least a year..

A long time for me. I don't trust you past Christmas ya freak.

Till new shiny stuff comes out from whatever company that catches your eye

Years, if they're properly fit and complement my skill level (or lack thereof). I'm coming up on 3 years with my current bag, and nothing on the horizon anywhere past casual ponder stage. My previous set of irons stayed in the bag for 10 years.

A fitting from a THP Experience, I'd have to commit to at least a year at the absolute minimum - I couldn't see anything less doing justice to it.

At least a year, would have a horrible feeling if anything less. Owe it to the OEM’s to give the equipment in that years lineup a fair shake. Once I’ve gamed it till I no longer can it’ll be retired to a bag to be displayed forever.

Depends how transparent you are with your signature :LOL:

I mean, in a perfect world people would go long-term. At the least, they should be providing information on the products to the forum. But, short attention spans and all that stuff do get in the way unfortunately.

It took me 2 months to replace my 50° wedge with a set AW…

I haven’t had much practice time this year, but I’d say 10-20 rounds in a 6 month period is sufficient time to determine if any tweaks need to be made.

At least a year, for any kind of THP experience with equipment. I’m sure I will play the Edel stuff from the Quest cup until I’m lucky enough to get to go to another experience. I didn’t even enter other contests for experiences this year because I want to do them justice, reviewing as best as I can, as thanks for being lucky enough to get to attend in the first place. I may eventually change the shafts in the irons but that is simply because I guessed at shaft and didn’t go through a fitting.

At least a year.

Being fit would be a really good experience in itself.

I did a full season of it and most of this season. Tinkering is fun but still has to get the job
Done.

Considering I play clubs I'm not fit to for a couple years, I think at least that same amount of time until the next iteration of said clubs or something else I want from them

Let’s say you go a THP experience that involves a full fitting, full bag of clubs the works.. by the very best in the industry at it.

I say, if I “hypothetically” 😉 getting fit by the best. I am not changing it. I am going to roll with it for a while. Let’s say at least a year..
A year?!?!???

10 years or more

Most of Morgan Cup bag is still in play after 16 months.

To me, it should be either a year or as long as the equipment is current. If the OEM releases something knew you are clear for takeoff to something else.

At least a full season. But I’ve kept them in longer that that for a few of the clubs too.

My last set of irons were "off the rack" and i played them 15 years. If something is fit to me I'm likely gonna hold on to them a while.

Until they come out with their new line? That seems l like a reasonable time to shop around.

Until they come out with their new line? That seems l like a reasonable time to shop around.
So about a year then generally. I am also talking about not messing with it. Not pulling and swapping shafts, grips you get a pass you can change those if the wear. Or if like you, you play so much you wear the grooves out. That is also a pass. But other no changing anything.

Back