hackitup

Some rando
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I took a year or two off from golf after being very upset with the direction my game was heading. My favorite golf partner, my 15 year old, fell out of love with the game which extended my time off. We started golfing again when high school golf tryouts were around the corner.

I’ve been shooting in the mid-90’s for a few months now even with the rust. My son and I are both enjoying golf and each other’s company on the courses here in Maryland. The time off helped get my mind right. I’m used to being good at everything with minimal effort so this was a very different and humbling experience.

I’ve still got to get my son fit for his own irons, but I have an idea of what he wants and what he needs. I’ll also get to steal the irons I bought for him since I actually hit them well in stock configuration.

Welcome to THP

Welcome back

Welcome back!

Glad you're back. Enjoy THP.

Welcome back to THP and the game!

Welcome back to golf and to THP!!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Welcome back! Which irons did you have in mind?

Welcome back to golf & THP

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Welcome back to the game and THP!

As with any hobby sometimes taking a bit of a break is exactly what is needed. I'm glad you've been able to find a love of the game again and more importantly more quality time with your son on the course.

Welcome back

Welcome back! Which irons did you have in mind?

Ping i210 heads bent (probably) 2* flat. He wants Modus 3 105 shafts in stiff but I think that’ll give him way too high of a ball flight. I bought him some i210s with DG 120 S300 shafts. He likes the heads but prefers the lighter shaft and feel of the Modus 3 in my G400’s. We’ll see what the fitting says and see if we can’t get a combo with good feel and good numbers.

Welcome back to the forum and the game.

Back