I’m playing so bad...

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m playing so bad right now that I’m going to play the Honma Proto Blades tomorrow. Hey it can’t get any worse and my focus tends to be better with the blades.

lol, Last Wednesday I could not hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.....then saturday rolled around and I had two birdies

At least you have an excuse then!

At least you have an excuse then!

I do?:ROFLMAO: It’s funny, one of the guys in my regular 4 some bought a set of the TM TW blades and he’s hitting them better than his previous non blade set. I’m hoping for some of that! :ROFLMAO:

i like the idea of going to blades for focus! (y)👊

Keep the thought in your mind that you're playing the blades, whether you are or not. :eek:

BTDT. Ok, didn't switch clubs, cuz I gots only the one set :), but, yeah...

Keep the thought in your mind that you're playing the blades, whether you are or not. :eek:
I’ll make that decision after tomorrow. :ROFLMAO: Actually it’s a good idea in all seriousness.

I like it!! The Protos'll sort you out. They'll tell you golf isn't as hard as it seems lately, or that it is, and you need to focus more when you're using the clubs that don't secretly want to laugh at your pain. :LOL:

Last edited:
I like it!! They Protos'll sort you out. They'll tell you golf isn't as hard as it seems lately, or that it is, and you need to focus more when you're using the clubs don't secretly want to laugh at your pain. :LOL:

I’m trying to swing hard on every shot. When I swing the blades it’s much slower and more controled. I’ve actually been making much better contact.

I’m trying to swing hard on every shot. When I swing the blades it’s much slower and more controled. I’ve actually been making much better contact.

Just do that then.

*weirdest semi-appropriate gif I could find. I'm kind of glad I have no idea who or what that is..

Blade Man with blades. I like it!
Well it is why I chose the name. I have no business playing blades but after today, it can’t be any worse.

Just do that then.

*weirdest semi-appropriate gif I could find. I'm kind of glad I have no idea who or what that is..

Tina Turner from beyond thunderdome. Very fitting!

End of the season always brings out some desperation (my game not yours)... my last round was in great weather and I just blew it... Great drive on the 1st hole and that was it... just sloppy all day... slices into other fairways, hooks into ponds, chunks into bunkers... couldnt make a putt, just awful... was gonna give it another shot on Saturday but weather forecast changed and staying in... :confused:

End of the season always brings out some desperation (my game not yours)... my last round was in great weather and I just blew it... Great drive on the 1st hole and that was it... just sloppy all day... slices into other fairways, hooks into ponds, chunks into bunkers... couldnt make a putt, just awful... was gonna give it another shot on Saturday but weather forecast changed and staying in... :confused:
My season doesn’t end where I live. It does change, and I have a much tougher time in cooler temps as my body tends to rebel.

I hope you PB the **** out of that round... and then I'll be looking for some of those irons! 😂

Just relax and have fun, don't worry about the score. Just watch all those great shots you hit tomorrow.

I hope you PB the **** out of that round... and then I'll be looking for some of those irons! 😂
It could happen. Not likely but it could. I know how to make a swing, I just have not done it time after time lately. Gotta do something to change it up and these are at my disposal. Wrong grips and all.

Just relax and have fun, don't worry about the score. Just watch all those great shots you hit tomorrow.
Thanks buddy, that is exactly what I had in mind. ;)

Well it is why I chose the name. I have no business playing blades but after today, it can’t be any worse.
Don't believe the "I have no business playing blades" hype. At your handicap you are fine playing them. At least in combo.
3 -5 iron blade might be difficult to get the distance compared to jacked lofted clubs but you'll realize the lower blades will be the sweetest thing you ever hit. Pure.

I've played my fair share of poor rounds over the years. Rounds where too many shots were just head scratchers, while smiling, and thinking to myself, "where did that swing come from?" I can play just as poorly as the next guy. No problem.

It's all good though. You have to take the bad with the good. I figure that playing poorly is what makes those much better rounds more special.

Just do that then.

People that didn't have debut-94ish MTV in their life have no idea what they missed.

Back