JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats not old ;)

#whippersnappers

Yep, I’m that old too. Scantrons bring back some traumatic educational memories. Multiple choice is the worst.

Testing the good old days.

• Admin
Ah the old Number 2 pencil.

I actually remember going into the library and looking up the book I wanted in the catalog. Or doing a paper by using our encyclopedia set! 🤣

I actually remember going into the library and looking up the book I wanted in the catalog. Or doing a paper by using our encyclopedia set! 🤣
@GolferGal and I were talking about encyclopedias the other day.

Crazy how fast technology has taken off.
We used the same systems when we were kids.

Even though I am a couple of summers younger than you...
👀

this hits home. I've filled out far more of those than I care to remember.

They were still using those 8 years ago when I went back to school to become an actuary.

Crazy how fast technology has taken off.
We used the same systems when we were kids.

Even though I am a couple of summers younger than you...
👀
Yes, I am a couple summers older than you, but it would be wise to remember that the couch hurts your back....

I remember when the person came to our door to sell us our encyclopedia set.

I also remember taking my typewriter to my friend’s house to write our group book report.

@GolferGal and I were talking about encyclopedias the other day.
Most of my essays were pretty much changing a word or 2 from whatever was in Funk & Wagnalls. No plagiarism that way.

My first computer
1642363659335.png

I remember when the person came to our door to sell us our encyclopedia set.

I also remember taking my typewriter to my friends house to write our group book report.

I can remember learning to type and practicing on a manual typewriter.

Most of my essays were pretty much changing a word or 2 from whatever was in Funk & Wagnalls. No plagiarism that way.
Do you know now that essays are run through a computer program and given a “plagiarism score” before the TA / Prof ever reads them?

They were still using those 8 years ago when I went back to school to become an actuary.
Was just going to say, we still used these in college and that was less than 10 years ago. This is how we did the SATs as well. How did @Canadan avoid these?

Back