I’ve been away so long

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
I’ve been away so long and allot has changed.
I had a stroke last year that rendered my right side useless.
I went to rehab and kicked it’s butt , now only right hand is affected, no feeling and no strength. I was a left handed golfer too.

I’m thinking about trying Right handed? Does this make sense ?
Trying to find a garage sale one right handed clubs in my area lol don’t want to spend a whole lot since I don’t know if I can do it.

I sold my left handed set because needed the money to pay bills since I am jobless because of the stroke.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your stroke. Is there any chance your right hand will regain usability?

I played golf one time with a man and his wife. He was missing an arm. That didn't stop him from hitting his clubs pretty straight. If you're in the mood to try, give it a shot!

Welcome back, glad you kicked its butt! Hope the right handed clubs work.

Welcome back! Glad you’re doing alright! I’m left handed as well and have a set I’m not using but are a little older. If the right handed doesn’t work out for you and you want to give lefty a shot again, reach out and i can work out getting them to you!

Welcome back! Best of luck with the RH Clubs

Welcome back and best wishes to you as you re-take up the game.

Welcome back! Glad you’re doing alright! I’m left handed as well and have a set I’m not using but are a little older. If the right handed doesn’t work out for you and you want to give lefty a shot again, reach out and i can work out getting them to you!
^This right here is why THP is so amazing.

Glad to see you back and while I hate this happened to you I am glad you have made a good recovery. I say give it a shot and see if it works. Any golf is better then no golf.

Welcome back! And well done on the hard work! Sounds like you’ve got the right attitude to try things and see what can work!

I’ve been away so long and allot has changed.
I had a stroke last year that rendered my right side useless.
I went to rehab and kicked it’s butt , now only right hand is affected, no feeling and no strength. I was a left handed golfer too.

I’m thinking about trying Right handed? Does this make sense ?
Trying to find a garage sale one right handed clubs in my area lol don’t want to spend a whole lot since I don’t know if I can do it.

I sold my left handed set because needed the money to pay bills since I am jobless because of the stroke.
How tall are you. My adult daughter has a free extra clubs that she's does not use, you could at least experiment with the few, see how it works with no risk. They are lady flex, but that might be as good thing?

Let me know.

How tall are you. My adult daughter has a free extra clubs that she's does not use, you could at least experiment with the few, see how it works with no risk. They are lady flex, but that might be as good thing?

Let me know.
That may work , I’m 5’9 .

Thank you all for the good wishes!

Welcome back to THP

Welcome back! Hope everything continues to improve for you - in golf and life in general

Welcome back and good luck with your new golf journey.

That may work , I’m 5’9 .
Great - so let me find what we have - I know she replaced some clubs with hybrids (so worst case you have a few top end of the bag clubs, and there may be a fwy wood or 2 as well. I need to look at what she's not using. At least you can use them as an experiment before you spend any real money! I am sure I can find a few balls and tees too. Send me your address in a private message and I'll see if I can't get them out in a few days (likely first of the week). I would hope, if you are anything like I was (I was also nearly golf free for the last few years myself - not totally, just played a few rounds a year). Just swinging the club and striking a ball - will bring you back.

Glad you've recovered and hope you continue to improve.

Sorry to hear about your stroke, but glad to see you back !

A friend of mine went through the same thing a couple of years ago. He was a bowler (and damn good) but not a golfer. His right arm and hand didn't come back well enough to bowl so he taught himself to bowl left handed. He now bowls almost as well as he did before his stroke. Another year or two and I think he will surpass his right handed bowling.

Good luck on your recovery and learning right handed golf !

Welcome back. Best of luck with your recovery and your return to golf.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your health struggles, but I hope it gets better.

3 clubs 3-4-5 headed your way with Monday's mail pickup.

Hope they help get back to your new normal.

Never quit!

Thank you so very much.

Did you receive the clubs? Hope you're improving, maybe swinging the clubs can help get some feeling back?

Back