I’ve Never Hit a Bad Shot

I rarely hit a bad shot, but I've hit a lot of shots badly. The decision making is usually ok. The execution, not so much.

Only bad shots I ever hit were the ones in which I lost the ball.

If I could find the ball, that made it playable. Any playable shot is not a previous bad shots.

What's that old saying? "Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it".

What is wrong with bad shots is that once they are done they become history! It is like the words, "You suck and hit a LOUSY a>> shot" are recorded forever while you move to the next bad shot with your head hung down in shame. Why do I even play this game :p

There's a really funny Carl's Golfland commercial that uses a lot of them so I'm not taking credit(y)

I had to go find the commercial! 😆

My shots are rarely good, but I still step up to every shot expecting to hit a world-class pin seeking missile!

Haha No. I've found even joking excuses are received poorly when your cap dips below a certain level, so I try to draw attention to the ones I completely screw up by showing off a ball mark barely on the face, or something like that..

Haha No. I've found even joking excuses are received poorly when your cap dips below a certain level, so I try to draw attention to the ones I completely screw up by showing off a ball mark barely on the face, or something like that..
We roll in different golf circles. I’m the low capper in my regular playing group and we’d grow to resent the game if we took ourselves too seriously. Seriously! You’d think some of the shots we hit were trick shots if you didn’t already know our skill level. Half these excuses are provided by the person not hitting the shot just out of high-cap sympathy/camaraderie 😆

Thinking too much
Rushed it
Wow, there's obviously wind up there that we can't feel down here, why else would that ball have gone straight left?
Darn that crappy lie, doesn't this course own a mower?
He exhaled in the middle of my backswing
Who put that freaking tree there anyway???
The greenskeeper must have slept on the couch last night, what a horrible pin placement

And that's just on the first hole. :LOL:

The worst is when you just crush the ball dead straight. Straight to the right. And your playing partner says, “sorry, I was talking - hit another one”. And you know he was 30 yards away in the cart whispering on the phone...

Sure there have been a few swings where the club grabbed in the rough, gust of wind took the ball, talking in my backswing, bad bounce, barely clipped that tree, need new clubs, need new grips, that darn squirrel, etc.

Can you relate?
If you ask Kim Jung Un, he has never missed.

My last two times on the course I never hit a good shot.

Back