I am an 11 hdcp. Been as low as a 6. I shot a 110 yesterday. Here is the story.

ShootzGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I could not hit the ball at all. At all. Top it, chunk it, toe it, shank it. Putting was great. Picked up after 8 on most holes. On hole 14 I realized I was wearing my reading glasses. Took them off and finished with 3 pars and 2 bogeys. Still shot a 110. I may wear them for putting now though. Sigh.

I had a round like that the other day. Just a terrible round of golf for me. Could not do anything right.

Worst part was I did this in front of my regular golf buddies.

Best part was I followed that cess pool round up with an 85 a couple days later. So far so good.

Oh jeez, dude. That would be terrible. I could never play with my glasses on. It would be horrendous. I now fear the day I forget I'm wearing them. So thanks. Lol

it's almost like I typed your thread title for you.

I’ve been there many times. I start to flip my wrists at impact and have a 4 way miss 😂😂🤣. I’ve gone as high as 115 in the last 2 years. It is completely demoralizing.

There is always tomorrow. :cool:

At least you figured out what it was!

And that’s why I started wearing mine while playing.

Such a humbling game we all play. I feel your pain though. I shot a 120 last year with a good buddy of mine. We live 1400 miles apart and try and get together once a year someplace for a few days. I had been shooting low 90's to mid 80's just prior. Made me want to quit.......... for a minute.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have no idea, but there is just something in the air this time of year. Hot, of course, but more than that. Kinda the 1/2 way point of the season where ya get a little burnt out (does that happen?) and the mind wanders.
It was almost like clockwork for me every year this time. I've shot as low as 68, so it was never handicap related.

If I wore my reading glasses while playing I'd be bumping into trees and stuff ;)

I shot 100 this year. But for me the reason for me was sucking. Worst part of that round was that I was -1 on my first three holes.

A non counting score is a non counting score. At that point doesn't matter if you shoot 90 or 110. When I am playing that bad I just start swinging as hard as I can on tee balls to make it interesting.

Been there! I'm sure we all have. As long as you stay on the horse, the game will come back to normal. You got this man!

I could not hit the ball at all. At all. Top it, chunk it, toe it, shank it. Putting was great. Picked up after 8 on most holes. On hole 14 I realized I was wearing my reading glasses. Took them off and finished with 3 pars and 2 bogeys. Still shot a 110. I may wear them for putting now though. Sigh.
Hang in there, everybody has that round where nothing is working and you feel like you just picked up the game yesterday! I'd probably shoot 110 if I wore my reading glasses too - my first clue would be not being able to see anything more than about a foot away. :ROFLMAO:

I had a similar bad round a few weeks ago. Started topping everything and could not figure out what I was doing wrong. With 3 holes left in the round, I'm standing on the tee box and for some reason, I take my prescription sunglasses off and look at the ground and notice that with them on the ground looks about a foot closer! Obviously, my body was reacting by standing up thinking I was too close to the ball. Last 3 holes were par, birdie, par without sunglasses.

When things get out of sync & sequence it devolves quickly. Have been between 76 & 104 this year. My back swing appears to be the weak link this season. Feels like I have eight different ways to take the club back and none of them are good...

I had that bad round yesterday myself. Wish I could blame my glasses but I wore the same ones the day before and was 10 strokes better. I was actually striking the ball really well but I couldn’t tell you where it was going. Thankfully there is always the next round.

That is just how I've felt over the last couple of rounds I've played. Can't get anything firing at all, feel like I'm right on the cusp of playing some really good golf, but just can't get over the line somehow.

Don’t sweat it. Every year I’ve played seriously with the exception of last year, ive had a subpar round.... and a round of 100+. Usually at least a couple. Last year I satisfied the 100+ many times. Didn’t have the subpar or even flirting with par for more than 9.

This year with a retooled swing I’ve played maybe 10 rounds. My low round is starting to flirt with par again, I’ve got a 75 and a 76 in my last three rounds. I also have an even 100 sandwiched between them. Same course. I was probably having an 80 type of round with that 100 except one area, and it was a big as it came into play nearly every hole, 40-205 yards. So any iron going down from 4i-1/4 GW. Which unfortunately for me I had to hit nearly every hole. I started out chunking them. Then I was hitting thin (not something I want with a 100 yard GW).

Don’t dwell on it and move on mentally. I meant to have a range session to try to figure out what was wrong, but....life. So I hadn’t swung a club since the 100 and almost shot my PB on the year. I will admit to being nervous over the first couple irons I had but whatever was going on was gone. By hole 6 or so I was feeling good about them again. Until next time!

I had a 96 this season. As a 7 handicapper, I feel your pain....

A non counting score is a non counting score. At that point doesn't matter if you shoot 90 or 110. When I am playing that bad I just start swinging as hard as I can on tee balls to make it interesting.

yep then at least when one goes correct i can be like, booooooom told you I could hit the ball hahaha

I also start getting fancy with certain iron shots. trying out new shapes and what not.

I knew it!!! As soon as I saw the post, I thought, "bet he wore a different pair of glasses or sunglasses"...

I always play in my prescription sunglasses (no bifocals). Played a rainy, overcast round this spring with regular no-line bifocals and could barely hit the ball. Shorter the club, closer to the ball and I'm looking thru the reading portion of my glasses and couldn't hit anything...

Lol I had that round in my member guest last year... freaking awful and no reading glasses to blame.

Well at lest you had an excuse. Im playing for decades and have exhausted every advice and excuse in the book and then some more and still throw 100 plus rounds out there and do it often. So in that sense i sort of wish i had the problem you had yesterday

Back