I am embarrassed to admit that ...........

I'm a 49 year old father of 4 that listens to rap detailing murder, drugs, and loose women on the way to my job as a service manager.

79b4407ccf8f4bfa3c3e869e926b1cfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always cry at the end of gladiator

There's no such thing.

My dad’s 62 and I keep telling him to move up, it’s not the tees but the yardage, yet he insists on playing the one ups every course he goes to whether they’re 5500 or 6900. He’s good from roughly 6k, anything further and he’s hitting a lot of hybrids or more into a lot of the par 4’s. 400 or more yard par 4’s are just too much for him.

Then we’ll hit a really short course that tips out at 5700 and I’ll try to get him to play the tips and he says he’s not good enough for the tips (usually 90ish shooter). Next course we go to and the one ups are 6700, still plays them.

And forget the forward tees, thems the ladies tees to him. Last round out he’s playing the one ups and I was playing the forward tees since all I can do is punch the ball with about 1/4 swing. I was kinda surprised how far it still went. Probably only carried driver 170 at best but got 50 yards of rollout if I hit the hard fairways.

We picked up a couple singles since the back was stacked with foursome after foursome. They were about dad’s age and playing the three ups and both of them hit the ball 50 yards further than dad. Most holes they were 25-50 yards up tee wise too. So while they were hitting wedge in dad was hitting hybrid and 5w. At the end of the round dad said “wow those guys were pretty good”. I told him he would be too if he was hitting 7i or less into the greens instead of 5w.

When my daughter was young I would buy the animated Disney DVD's for her.... yeah for her ;)

Mulan is a great flick!

One time in Kohl’s I crop dusted a family in the show dept. When the mother got a whiff she turned around grabbed the middle kid by the arm, and spanked him while saying “I told you to quit doing that, you nasty thing”. The whole time the kids is hollering “but momma momma it wasn’t me.” I laughed my arse off, and still do to this day. I’m sure the kid got what was coming to him sooner or later anyway.

I keep trying to think of something to add to this. But the bottom line is nothing really embarrasses me. But there are tons I do that would be considered embarrassing to most. Example.

I don't follow the 2 stall rule. I purposely take the stall next to someone to see if I can gross them out. Especially at work.

I have seen "Dune" at least 25 times.
The 1980s one with Sting, or the sci-fi channel miniseries?

Almost forgot to add my own...
I think that both Waterworld and The Postman are really good movies.
And if that's not embarrassing enough, I also know all the lyrics to Bust a Move.

The 1980s one with Sting, or the sci-fi channel miniseries?

Almost forgot to add my own...
I think that both Waterworld and The Postman are really good movies.
And if that's not embarrassing enough, I also know all the lyrics to Bust a Move.
The ‘80’s one. Also, read the book “The Postman”, really good.

I keep trying to think of something to add to this. But the bottom line is nothing really embarrasses me. But there are tons I do that would be considered embarrassing to most. Example.

I don't follow the 2 stall rule. I purposely take the stall next to someone to see if I can gross them out. Especially at work.

You monster.

One time in Kohl’s I crop dusted a family in the show dept. When the mother got a whiff she turned around grabbed the middle kid by the arm, and spanked him while saying “I told you to quit doing that, you nasty thing”. The whole time the kids is hollering “but momma momma it wasn’t me.” I laughed my arse off, and still do to this day. I’m sure the kid got what was coming to him sooner or later anyway.

You are a mean ****, lol! That kids now going to have a complex of some sorts. It’ll all be your fault.

One of my personal favorite stories, I used to own a grocery store 15-16 years ago. One morning I caught a 13-14 year old kid shoplifting. Can’t even remember what it was but it was pretty petty if I called his mom and not the police. I get ahold of her and I can tell I woke her up. I explained the situation and she told me she’d be right there.

Well she was, still in PJ’s and a bathrobe. And carrying a belt. She whipped his ass (not child abuse whipped but embarrassed him to Hell whipped) from my office all the way out to the car. I’ve always wondered what became of that kid. I’d be willing to bet he never stole anything again. I could be wrong but I’m hoping that little excercise in public humiliation did him wonders. At least I hope it did. Rollers still in her hair and everything, lol!

I generally don't get embarrassed about much, and I will crop dust in a heart beat.....

I love Barry Manilow songs... There, I said it!

I generally don't get embarrassed about much, and I will crop dust in a heart beat.....

I try to nonchalantly crop dust competitors booths at trade shows. To give you an idea of how bad that can be I'll retell a story that I am embarrassed about. One year at the New York Farm Show in Syracuse, our first year showing up there, we were next to the GMC/Chevy booth and across from a press company out of Germany I believe (relevant later). We had gone to an Italian restaurant the night before and not realizing what we were in for had over ordered by quite a bit so I had ammo for days coming into the first day of the show.

We reached a point in the day when we were not busy and Mike (tinkerbell) was in the back corner of the booth when I was overcome by backpressure that had to be relieved immediately. You know the kind, where your stomach turns and you know the gut rot will pass if you just let out some of the pressure. I did. Before the silent wind from hell had finished leaving my body I was already half gagging/laughing and headed for the GMC booth to make my escape. Behind me I hear a muffled cough followed by words I cannot use on a family friendly forum. I turned to survey the damage... A couple had walked into the booth, innocently and blissfully unaware of the danger lurking as Tinkerbell hurried by them, dragging the cloud of death with him. They turned with disgusted looks on their faces and fled for the hills while I leaned against a truck laughing so hard I had stomach cramps and tears streaming from my eyes. I looked across the aisle and the gentlemen from Germany were also doubled over laughing. Apparently that needed no translation to be funny.

As funny as it was, it was probably as publicly embarrassed as I've been since I was told to go out in the hall if I couldn't stop farting in fifth grade. I'm a little more selective in my sh***ing my knickers nowadays but I believe He-Man said it best...I have the power.

I'll add a real one to my poor attempt at humor above.

I'm embarrassed at how little I know about golf gear. I'm used to being a person in-the-know with sports I pursue. With things like skiing and cycling, I've been one people come to for advice and help. I wrench and build and customize. I even had a period where I did telemark and backcountry ski reviews for an online website/forum. But with golf learning about the range and nuances of equipment has been slow for me. I ask dumb questions all the time. It is embarrassing but I don't know how else to learn. I work slowly work forward and have to be open to admitting what I don't know.

I try to nonchalantly crop dust competitors booths at trade shows. To give you an idea of how bad that can be I'll retell a story that I am embarrassed about. One year at the New York Farm Show in Syracuse, our first year showing up there, we were next to the GMC/Chevy booth and across from a press company out of Germany I believe (relevant later). We had gone to an Italian restaurant the night before and not realizing what we were in for had over ordered by quite a bit so I had ammo for days coming into the first day of the show.

We reached a point in the day when we were not busy and Mike (tinkerbell) was in the back corner of the booth when I was overcome by backpressure that had to be relieved immediately. You know the kind, where your stomach turns and you know the gut rot will pass if you just let out some of the pressure. I did. Before the silent wind from hell had finished leaving my body I was already half gagging/laughing and headed for the GMC booth to make my escape. Behind me I hear a muffled cough followed by words I cannot use on a family friendly forum. I turned to survey the damage... A couple had walked into the booth, innocently and blissfully unaware of the danger lurking as Tinkerbell hurried by them, dragging the cloud of death with him. They turned with disgusted looks on their faces and fled for the hills while I leaned against a truck laughing so hard I had stomach cramps and tears streaming from my eyes. I looked across the aisle and the gentlemen from Germany were also doubled over laughing. Apparently that needed no translation to be funny.

As funny as it was, it was probably as publicly embarrassed as I've been since I was told to go out in the hall if I couldn't stop farting in fifth grade. I'm a little more selective in my sh***ing my knickers nowadays but I believe He-Man said it best...I have the power.

We shall never be roomies again after that story, lol!

I'll add a real one to my poor attempt at humor above.

I'm embarrassed at how little I know about golf gear. I'm used to being a person in-the-know with sports I pursue. With things like skiing and cycling, I've been one people come to for advice and help. I wrench and build and customize. I even had a period where I did telemark and backcountry ski reviews for an online website/forum. But with golf learning about the range and nuances of equipment has been slow for me. I ask dumb questions all the time. It is embarrassing but I don't know how else to learn. I work slowly work forward and have to be open to admitting what I don't know.

You sir have come to the right place. Of course you’ll likely get 12 different opinions with the first 12 replies but you can learn a lot.

We shall never be roomies again after that story, lol!
I was on my best behavior my friend, I didn’t know you well enough to start a war. Besides you never do that to someone you’re sharing a room with. Simply too dangerous, there is always someone bigger, stronger, or stinkier.

Back