I Cannot Find This One Simple Feature on a Bag

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread. The magnetic holder got me to think of and make a holder that connects to my zip navigator so problem solved. It's pretty neat; the foam lined box holds it secure and at the ready, easy to grab. It's even more accessible than a pouch on the bag.

t0Y40C1.jpg

That opens the bag search for me quite a bit because the pocket arrangement isn't too much of a concern. As long as it's full sized my next concern is the noise of clanking clubs while the cart rolls along. I'm wondering if anyone has tried or knows anybody who's tried the Founders Club bag. The reviews online are all over the map. It seems like it would do the trick but some love it and some brought it back.

s-l300.jpg

Barring that, I think it'll be some 14 way. I like the Sun Mountain C-130. Looks like it has plenty of room and of course, weight's no issue.

61VxiqWFfLL._AC_SX425_.jpg
The C130 is pretty much the closest thing you'll find to a staff bag without being one. Several guys in my regular group have them and there are pockets everywhere on this thing. Also being SM it is built to last. It may not be the cheapest option out there, but IMO it's worth the premium over the other bags.

This thread got me thinking about how I love my Sun Mountain 2.5 bag for carrying but how crappy/limited it is for pockets and having a spot for my rangefinder during the round(other than than the back pocket of my shorts).

I'll be walking with it tomorrow in Florida so I just ordered one of these and I'll let you know how it goes. I already have a magnetic strap for my rangefinder if I can find it, lol. If not I'll have to buy another one before tomorrows round.

View attachment 8993717View attachment 8993718
Now that is something I'm going to have to look into; my Titleist stand bag had an exterior pocket near the bottom (like a drink pouch) that was for the rangefinder but this looks way more convenient. I'm just not sure I would choose to attach it as shown in the picture; I'd be worried about my hip knocking the range finder loose

I get why a zip is annoying.. but what is wrong with a magnet like on the Ping DLX/Pioneer bags..?

Leaving such a valuable item in a sleeve with direct exposure to the elements is dumb.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, a troll at THP. That's rare.

The C130 is pretty much the closest thing you'll find to a staff bag without being one. Several guys in my regular group have them and there are pockets everywhere on this thing. Also being SM it is built to last. It may not be the cheapest option out there, but IMO it's worth the premium over the other bags.

Thanks for the info...yeah, I'm pretty close to pullin' the trigger on the C-130.

My Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 Cart Bag has a zippered pocket up high that I unzip during play and it makes for easily getting my rangefinder out. It also has an unzippered insulated pouch on the left side that can be used to gain easy access to your rangefinder. Of course, it is only on one side so really only easily accessible if you are on the driver's side. Not sure which current Ogio bag might be similar.

I also have an older Callaway Org 15 Cart Bag that had a velvet lined pocket up high in the front just for rangefinders.

Back