I finally did it!!

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You all are going to have to forgive my lack of humility in this thread!

It finally happened! After playing golf since I was 13 (sporadically until the past five or six years) I broke 80 for the first time today coming in with a 78. I had 5 birdies, but 2 doubles.

One of the doubles was caused when my grip on the driver slipped a bit on my downswing on the tee shot causing the ball to sail into the penalty area on the right. I almost pulled off a bogey, but my putt ran just by on the right. The other double came after my ball landed in the middle of the fairway 60 yards from the stick. Just a bad number for me so I ended up chunking a wedge...than chunking another one. Just missed the bogey putt then as well.

I dunno if I will match it anytime soon, but I have more confidence in my game than I have ever have and I am having a blast actually playing to my potential. I have been hitting drives farther than I have in years and my dispersion has been really strong as well. And putting, well putting has been probably the best it's ever been!

My only real golf goal this year was to break 80 and now that I have done that I am just gonna enjoy the ride!!

IMG_20200408_163114_521.jpgIMG_20200408_132250.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!

Congratulations! I remember a few years ago when I first broke 80 how excited I was. Keep up the good playing. You know now that you can do it which makes it easier to do again.

congrats, keep it going!

You all are going to have to forgive my lack of humility in this thread!

It finally happened! After playing golf since I was 13 (sporadically until the past five or six years) I broke 80 for the first time today coming in with a 78. I had 5 birdies, but 2 doubles.

One of the doubles was caused when my grip on the driver slipped a bit on my downswing on the tee shot causing the ball to sail into the penalty area on the right. I almost pulled off a bogey, but my putt ran just by on the right. The other double came after my ball landed in the middle of the fairway 60 yards from the stick. Just a bad number for me so I ended up chunking a wedge...than chunking another one. Just missed the bogey putt then as well.

I dunno if I will match it anytime soon, but I have more confidence in my game than I have ever have and I am having a blast actually playing to my potential. I have been hitting drives farther than I have in years and my dispersion has been really strong as well. And putting, well putting has been probably the best it's ever been!

My only real golf goal this year was to break 80 and now that I have done that I am just gonna enjoy the ride!!

View attachment 8936387View attachment 8936388

Great ad for BStone - haha JK - Happy for you man! Awesome accomplishment

Great ad for BStone - haha JK - Happy for you man! Awesome accomplishment

Thanks!! A am loving the Tour B RX and RXS!

Congrats! It's a great feeling - I've done it once, and I figure even if I never do it again I can still always say I broke 80. (y)

That is awesome! (y)

Congratulations!! It happened for me last year, very exciting.

Milestone! Congrats!

I remember when I could play golf. Congrats.

Congrats! Well done. What's the next goal? Break 75? You can do it

Hate to dump on your great day, but the back nine adds up to 39 not 38. Looks like you still broke 80 though, only with a 79. :unsure:

Great job John! Congratulations.

Congrats, John! It's a fun milestone to hit.

Five birdies is kind of nuts, man! (y)

Dude, you are on a roll! They are going to happen a lot more now! 34 this weekend and not 78? Booom! Keep playing well!

Wow....great job!

Congrats that is one of my goals this year, hopefully with everything going on will get to play soon.

Nice job. I’m certain that this won’t be the last time either.

Congratulations. We all know that there's more than one stroke difference between a 79 and an 80!

Very happy for you~

Back