Luchnia

The secret to golf is to defy age and gravity!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In my neck of the woods if I get a delivered notification that only means it went to the local post office and not out with the carrier for delivery. It is very different than what it used to be. To me when you send me something that states delivered, my assumption is delivered to me.

bbutler

2021 TEEm Tour Edge
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USPS tracking is the worst in the industry.

RayG

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I back those that mention the USPS isn’t the best at notifications. Even on their website, they say that delivery confirmation isn’t exact. And you may receive confirmation but not receive the package for several days.

Pstmstr

Reaction score
Handicap
In my neck of the woods if I get a delivered notification that only means it went to the local post office and not out with the carrier for delivery. It is very different than what it used to be. To me when you send me something that states delivered, my assumption is delivered to me.
That shouldn’t be happening. The only proper delivery scan is when it is delivered or left on porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

Reaction score
Handicap
I back those that mention the USPS isn’t the best at notifications. Even on their website, they say that delivery confirmation isn’t exact. And you may receive confirmation but not receive the package for several days.
Not delivery confirmation. Informed Delivery. That’s mail that is read on machine and is a service they offer with the caveat.

Pstmstr

Reaction score
Handicap
I agree it’s pretty poor these days. I never thought I’d see service at the pathetic times it’s taking in some places. I used to be a Plant Manager and heads were rolling if we had 2 day old mail. I’m sure staffing is tough in COVID and parcel volumes are at record levels but still.....

Browns7213

Reaction score
Handicap
Hope you package shows up next week. Marked delivered and showing up 2-3 days later is common place in our area. This is a bit of a trickle down issue in our area, as the post office needs to meet certain metrics by Amazon on deliveries & we have contractors who deliver our mail. The contractors blatantly lie and say they tried to deliver, but no one was home when I've been here all day for the last 10-months & "tried to deliver" = delivered in their books.

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Reaction score
Handicap
This reminded me of what Mark Rober has done a few times. These are awesome to watch!

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.7
Sorry to hear that!

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bummer. I hope this gets sorted out for you. I also won’t be surprised if this turns out to be a usps issue. Postal service has been beat down and is a shell of what it used to be.

Trmpt98

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear about your package. I once had a package marked as “delivered” that showed up later. Hope that’s what happened in this case.

I have a Wyze camera in my front window. It records to a micro SD card so you don’t have to pay any subscription fees. With tax, shipping, and a 32gb card it was less than $40. I have mine set to record 24/7 so I‘m not reliant on the motion sensor. They also make a battery powered outdoor version.
I’ve been lucky enough that I haven’t had anything taken yet. I also have Wyze cameras set up to watch my driveway and front door and a good inexpensive camera.

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
sorry that happened to you! :confused:

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The absolute worst. I have a USPS package from Amazon that still shows as "on the way, but it's running late", even though I ordered and received it in early December. Several others have been delivered and the status not updated until several days later, and one was delivered to my neighbor's house instead of mine. I avoid using USPS whenever possible - if a company has options for UPS or FedEx I'll gladly pay a couple extra dollars to have it shipped through them.

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
This reminded me of what Mark Rober has done a few times. These are awesome to watch!

I get a lot of enjoyment out of these!! He's got a lot more restraint than I do though if I had the skill/cash to make such a device.

armidwestgolf

Reaction score
:sick: i have never heard of that , maybe you have an idea of who took it. in my neighborhood i would look, and criminals return to the scene of the crime.

djt311

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear this if it was stolen. Hopefully just a mix up, I like others stated above have had a package say delivered and it showed up a day or two later. I have also had packages say delivered and they went to the neighbors place and they delivered in the next day or two. Hope it turns up.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
This is exactly why video doorbells were invented. People suck
Very true....which reminds me I need to install my new video doorbell since my old one sucks.

WICHITAREJECT

which ones are the senior tees?
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Beginning to think my mystery ball shipment got pilched from my porch??!!

Northerner

Reaction score
I've had stuff marked as delivered but actually delivered until the next day. Don't give up hope.
This happened to me with a Seemore putter I bought earlier this year. I was shocked to wake up the next day finding it was delivered.

That said, last night after getting home from work checking for a package that was marked "shipped", it wasn't out there, and today, it's not out there.

I think someone stole my package this time.

I live in the inner city - though right by a muni golf course so it's like a decent "pocket" of the inner city. But I've literally seen people run off with packages from my neighbors' houses around here a couple times in the last year.

I think I might pack up my cats used litter into boxes and get back at all these bastards. They make my blood boil. :mad:

Luchnia

The secret to golf is to defy age and gravity!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If it is USPS and states "delivered" for status in my local area, it only means it was delivered to the post office to be later sent out by the carrier. Really aggravates me to no end, but I have gotten used to USPS being problematic now days.

Recently they basically stalled on a 4 wood that was coming to me from Florida. It kept stating "in transit to next facility" whatever the heck that means. It finally arrived, but I almost wrote it off a few days before it got here.

Desmond

Play Golf, Laugh, Smile, Enjoy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If it's USPS, sometimes the shipper will say it's delivered but they delivered it to USPS for delivery.

Amazon takes a pic of the package on your porch.

I have a neighbor whom I actually know, and as soon as a delivery is at my door, and I am on business,/out of town, I text them and ask them to pick it up from my porch.

GolferDad66

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@Tywithay - did the carrier take a photo of the package at your front door? Happened to me once where I go the notification, and turns out it was the delivery guy that kept it. the notification came but not the photo. It could also be thieves, might want to install one of those doorbell cameras.

Don't give up hope.

orchard53

Reaction score
They steal from front doors and creep through backyards with a smile on their faces

petty thieves have absolute zero shame because they know if they get picked up they'll be back out the next morning
Except in California.... they get a ticket. maybe.

orchard53

Reaction score
For anything valuable I get it delivered to a location that will hold it and not release without a photo id. If Amazon to a locker.
Or I find a local retailer if we won't be home.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in