In my neck of the woods if I get a delivered notification that only means it went to the local post office and not out with the carrier for delivery. It is very different than what it used to be. To me when you send me something that states delivered, my assumption is delivered to me.

USPS tracking is the worst in the industry.

I back those that mention the USPS isn’t the best at notifications. Even on their website, they say that delivery confirmation isn’t exact. And you may receive confirmation but not receive the package for several days.

In my neck of the woods if I get a delivered notification that only means it went to the local post office and not out with the carrier for delivery. It is very different than what it used to be. To me when you send me something that states delivered, my assumption is delivered to me.

That shouldn’t be happening. The only proper delivery scan is when it is delivered or left on porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I back those that mention the USPS isn’t the best at notifications. Even on their website, they say that delivery confirmation isn’t exact. And you may receive confirmation but not receive the package for several days.

Not delivery confirmation. Informed Delivery. That’s mail that is read on machine and is a service they offer with the caveat.

I agree it’s pretty poor these days. I never thought I’d see service at the pathetic times it’s taking in some places. I used to be a Plant Manager and heads were rolling if we had 2 day old mail. I’m sure staffing is tough in COVID and parcel volumes are at record levels but still.....

Hope you package shows up next week. Marked delivered and showing up 2-3 days later is common place in our area. This is a bit of a trickle down issue in our area, as the post office needs to meet certain metrics by Amazon on deliveries & we have contractors who deliver our mail. The contractors blatantly lie and say they tried to deliver, but no one was home when I've been here all day for the last 10-months & "tried to deliver" = delivered in their books.

This reminded me of what Mark Rober has done a few times. These are awesome to watch!

Sorry to hear that!

Bummer. I hope this gets sorted out for you. I also won’t be surprised if this turns out to be a usps issue. Postal service has been beat down and is a shell of what it used to be.

Sorry to hear about your package. I once had a package marked as “delivered” that showed up later. Hope that’s what happened in this case.

I have a Wyze camera in my front window. It records to a micro SD card so you don’t have to pay any subscription fees. With tax, shipping, and a 32gb card it was less than $40. I have mine set to record 24/7 so I‘m not reliant on the motion sensor. They also make a battery powered outdoor version.

I’ve been lucky enough that I haven’t had anything taken yet. I also have Wyze cameras set up to watch my driveway and front door and a good inexpensive camera.

sorry that happened to you! :confused:

The absolute worst. I have a USPS package from Amazon that still shows as "on the way, but it's running late", even though I ordered and received it in early December. Several others have been delivered and the status not updated until several days later, and one was delivered to my neighbor's house instead of mine. I avoid using USPS whenever possible - if a company has options for UPS or FedEx I'll gladly pay a couple extra dollars to have it shipped through them.

This reminded me of what Mark Rober has done a few times. These are awesome to watch!

I get a lot of enjoyment out of these!! He's got a lot more restraint than I do though if I had the skill/cash to make such a device.

:sick: i have never heard of that , maybe you have an idea of who took it. in my neighborhood i would look, and criminals return to the scene of the crime.

Sorry to hear this if it was stolen. Hopefully just a mix up, I like others stated above have had a package say delivered and it showed up a day or two later. I have also had packages say delivered and they went to the neighbors place and they delivered in the next day or two. Hope it turns up.

This is exactly why video doorbells were invented. People suck

Very true....which reminds me I need to install my new video doorbell since my old one sucks.

I've had stuff marked as delivered but actually delivered until the next day. Don't give up hope.
This happened to me with a Seemore putter I bought earlier this year. I was shocked to wake up the next day finding it was delivered.

That said, last night after getting home from work checking for a package that was marked "shipped", it wasn't out there, and today, it's not out there.

I think someone stole my package this time.

I live in the inner city - though right by a muni golf course so it's like a decent "pocket" of the inner city. But I've literally seen people run off with packages from my neighbors' houses around here a couple times in the last year.

I think I might pack up my cats used litter into boxes and get back at all these bastards. They make my blood boil. :mad:

If it is USPS and states "delivered" for status in my local area, it only means it was delivered to the post office to be later sent out by the carrier. Really aggravates me to no end, but I have gotten used to USPS being problematic now days.

Recently they basically stalled on a 4 wood that was coming to me from Florida. It kept stating "in transit to next facility" whatever the heck that means. It finally arrived, but I almost wrote it off a few days before it got here.

If it's USPS, sometimes the shipper will say it's delivered but they delivered it to USPS for delivery.

Amazon takes a pic of the package on your porch.

I have a neighbor whom I actually know, and as soon as a delivery is at my door, and I am on business,/out of town, I text them and ask them to pick it up from my porch.

@Tywithay - did the carrier take a photo of the package at your front door? Happened to me once where I go the notification, and turns out it was the delivery guy that kept it. the notification came but not the photo. It could also be thieves, might want to install one of those doorbell cameras.

Don't give up hope.

They steal from front doors and creep through backyards with a smile on their faces

petty thieves have absolute zero shame because they know if they get picked up they'll be back out the next morning
Except in California.... they get a ticket. maybe.

For anything valuable I get it delivered to a location that will hold it and not release without a photo id. If Amazon to a locker.
Or I find a local retailer if we won't be home.

Back