I have officially gone back in time.

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
I found some 1980s Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades last week and an Acushnet Bullseye Heavy Blade putter. Pretty much the exact same set up I had in the late 80s.

I’ve played twice now with them and absolutely love it. Surprisingly there has been no loss in distance but my dispersion is very tight.

Now where is that girl I dated back then? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_3587.jpeg
    IMG_3587.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3590.jpeg
    IMG_3590.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 29
Haha, she is probably thinking the same about you.

Play what you love man, play what you love. All about enjoying your time on the course.

Seeing stuff like this makes me think it would be super fun to have a retro bag to play with every once in a while

Seeing stuff like this makes me think it would be super fun to have a retro bag to play with every once in a while
It’s a blast!! I have my Titleist blades and persimmon woods from the mid-80’s and will play them a few times a year with a friend of mine who is a club pro. It’s a hoot…. Do it!!

It’s a blast!! I have my Titleist blades and persimmon woods from the mid-80’s and will play them a few times a year with a friend of mine who is a club pro. It’s a hoot…. Do it!!
Exactly! I saw them on FB Marketplace and thought…oh man, such great memories I have of playing these, especially with my buddy who passed away in 97.

My thoughts were that they would be hard to hit and I would put just them in a retro Wilson bag in my den as a neat memorabilia item. But I love them!

I found some 1980s Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades last week and an Acushnet Bullseye Heavy Blade putter. Pretty much the exact same set up I had in the late 80s.

I’ve played twice now with them and absolutely love it. Surprisingly there has been no loss in distance but my dispersion is very tight.

Clubs look nice. She might have more wear and tear than the clubs. Be careful what you wish for. 🤣🤣🤣

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

Nice sticks! Play my FG 17s daily.
I found a set of the FG 17s on eBay at a great price. How do those compare to the fluid feel models that I have?

Back