I just played the most extraordinary par round.

Rusty1885

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 2.1
This morning would mark the 5th round of this week. I played 2 rounds on Wednesday. It's at my home course. It was unplanned, I didn't have to be at work till later so off I went.

I hit hit my first approach stiff, it was kick-in range, so tapped in easy bird, great start. Second hole easy par 5, almost reach with my second shot another up'n'down bird, alright! Third was a good par 3 not easy but not too challenging ripped my 6i stiff, sank the 6 footer, wow!

Then I started settling into my rhythm, mistakes-free but the birdie streaks stops for a few holes. At the turn, I skipped my usual mid round snack. The rhythm continued, til the 14th holes I sank a par putt on a difficult hole and thought I usually own the last 4 holes, I don't know exactly what shot but it was a great round.

I took a call on the 15th tee and took a little break and looked at my phone the gamegolf app said I was 8 under. 5 under front nine and so far 3 under on the 15th tee. I'm going to make the last 4 holes my b!tch, even if I par the rest of the way in I'd be shooting the round of my next 2 lives.

Long story short, I push the next 4 drives, couldn't stop my hands from shaking and play the last 4 holes 8 over, (4 in'n'out specials) For a 72.

I remember having lunch at the bar before I left, and I don't even remember how I got home. I answered a few posts on forum and ended the putter body experience and wrote this.

What at a morning! Thanks for reading.

This morning would mark the 5th round of this week. I played 2 rounds on Wednesday. It's at my home course. It was unplanned, I didn't have to be at work till later so off I went.

I hit hit my first approach stiff, it was kick-in range, so tapped in easy bird, great start. Second hole easy par 5, almost reach with my second shot another up'n'down bird, alright! Third was a good par 3 not easy but not too challenging ripped my 6i stiff, sank the 6 footer, wow!

Then I started settling into my rhythm, mistakes-free but the birdie streaks stops for a few holes. At the turn, I skipped my usual mid round snack. The rhythm continued, til the 14th holes I sank a par putt on a difficult hole and thought I usually own the last 4 holes, I don't know exactly what shot but it was a great round.

I took a call on the 15th tee and took a little break and looked at my phone the gamegolf app said I was 8 under. 5 under front nine and so far 3 under on the 15th tee. I'm going to make the last 4 holes my b!tch, even if I par the rest of the way in I'd be shooting the round of my next 2 lives.

Long story short, I push the next 4 drives, couldn't stop my hands from shaking and play the last 4 holes 8 over, (4 in'n'out specials) For a 72.

I remember having lunch at the bar before I left, and I don't even remember how I got home. I answered a few posts on forum and ended the putter body experience and wrote this.

Great round there. Where in Socal do you play?

Oh the dreaded mental game. It has sunk many-a-golfer and it will sink many more. Still a great round though, I'd take it!

Enjoyed reading this. Great round.

Great story and great round.

Great round, the mental game can be very tricky. Keep up the solid shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story, thanks for sharing.

I was calm. I was aggressive. It was point and shoot. Another factor that helped this round a lot I think was that I played 2-ball worse-ball on Wednesday afternoon round. Had a great time and shot 95. I think it got all my bad shots out of my systems.

Ain't gonna lie, in the span of a few seconds I was everywhere. Course record(didn't even know what it is), it'd double my lowest round ever.

Last hole is reachable the par 5, if I birdied in, it's 60. Hey I passed the point of no return now, might as well:).

I was not upset about the blew up scores I was just in awe of how little I can do to get it under control. It was effecting me physically. It was a great learning experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

This happened to me last year (though not quite to that extent). I was -4 through 14, and realized it. I had never shot under par in a full round before (have done it for 9 hole league nights). My hands started shaking the exact same way, knees weren't steady, super nervous over every putt. Finished Bogey, Bogey, Double, Double for a +2 74.

Great round and thanks for sharing.

This happened to me last year (though not quite to that extent). I was -4 through 14, and realized it. I had never shot under par in a full round before (have done it for 9 hole league nights). My hands started shaking the exact same way, knees weren't steady, super nervous over every putt. Finished Bogey, Bogey, Double, Double for a +2 74.

That's how I felt. Amazing. Bad for golf but amazing how badly it affected the game.

That's the thing I like the most. Man, you can't buy that. I even joked to myself, lucky I skipped my favorite turkey sandwich at the turn, I'd lost it.

I was pumped full of drugs in my brains, adrenaline and endorphins I was pumped and felt no pain my heart was thumping, if someone handed me a gun I could probably curve a bullet:).

If I could go back I wish to learn to either control or let it happens and deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great job. Those are the days when you wished you hit iron off the tee at the end.

Congrats on the round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job on your round. Thanks for sharing.

Great round, great story. Next time, turn the phone off. I blame the phone.

Back