I like the Gatsby style too. Drives my wife crazy, she hates them!

How is that an ivory color?

The base color is ivory.

I dig those old hats, but I just look silly in them, same with fedora hats. I've got my great grandfather's old Stetson 'ranchers' hat, it's a cowboy hat with a very short brim that were very popular in the 30's through the 50's here in Texas.

That hat is awesome! It must be new on FairwayStyles, I haven't seen it there before. I already have one of the JL Daley hats that they sell, and it's great.

I saw that hat in their 2009 lineup a hile back...they also had a white/cream one, which seems to have been dropped from the lineup. They are very nice indeed.

I would have bought one, but i tried a flat cap (that style) and it really doesnt suit me:angry:

There seems to be no hats out there to suit somebody with an earthworm jim head shape!!! (see below)

187806-earthwormjim_large.jpg

Any suggestions from you style gurus????
Caps, Flat caps, bobble hats, visors all look stupid. I do wear a visor though, simply for my eys sake and so i can see the ball!

• Admin
I have not seen that white one even at the show. If you stumble across a picture, let me know. I am going to email the Sligo guys now about it.

it was back in Jan/Feb when they released the PDF on their website for the future 2009 line up. I think it was more cream or ivory than white. Just seems to have been dropped from the lineup, as they still have the PDF format on the website but only one flat cap.....there was definately two there.

Shame, cos they were BOTH really nice. Some would no doubt prefer the lighter colour for, oooo i dont know, maybe glorious florida weather??? :D

I liked the hat until I remembered I wasn't 70 years old :)

Seriously, you have to have a certain look to pull that off. You put that hat on Tiger or Phil and they will look like dorks.

I liked the hat until I remembered I wasn't 70 years old :)

Seriously, you have to have a certain look to pull that off. You put that hat on Tiger or Phil and they will look like dorks.

I saw Justin Timberlake wearing one (maybe not Sligo...but that style, could have been sligo i guess!) at some celeb golf charity thing on TV.

I think he is sponsored by Callaway and JL, so I doubt it was Sligo.

I knew about callaway, didnt know he has a clothes sponser too!

I know not many people can afford to turn down money, but surely he can!? As a none pro i would have thought he would keep his options open to play what fits him best. Though obviously not.

He may not have the JL sponsor anymore, but he certainly did.

The houndstooth plaid on the hat JB posted is just awesome- no other way I can think of to describe it.

There seems to be no hats out there to suit somebody with an earthworm jim head shape!!! (see below)

Caps, Flat caps, bobble hats, visors all look stupid. I do wear a visor though, simply for my eys sake and so i can see the ball!

Stocking cap with a brim? :act-up:

David Leadbetter wears a straw hat:

inar01_leadbetter.jpg

Back