I need a new driver

when I scanned this thread the tour exotic caught my eye and looks very nice. Then the post on the tour length shaft C9 did because I like a bit shorter shaft. on the tour length it only has the -1 inch option. Do you think this means it has a 43.5 inch shaft in it?????

Shaft wise I'm a 90 to 100mph swing and my issue with the driver is not finishing my turn and a nice transition which seems to be worse when shafts get into the 50g class. I'm thinking a 60g class shaft with mid-spin characteristics. any suggestions on shaft? I'm not sure if Golf Galaxy would have this club for me to get fitted. maybe I could call them.

Definitely go shop Budget Golf and use the THP discount if wanting new. Lots of great choice which fall in your price range.

Definitely go shop Budget Golf and use the THP discount if wanting new. Lots of great choice which fall in your price range.
love budget golf but was hoping to get a shorter stock shaft that comes in at proper swing weight. 45.5 on some drivers just sets up in my eye like I'm a million miles from the ball

love budget golf but was hoping to get a shorter stock shaft that comes in at proper swing weight. 45.5 on some drivers just sets up in my eye like I'm a million miles from the ball

I certainly understand that. 45" is the longest I can comfortably play.

anyone got a shaft preference on the F9. I'm 95mph range and height and backspin rob me of a rollout on current driver. Was debating between smoke 60 in stiff (appears to only come in stiff), and the Atmos blue 6 most likely in regular.

Another vote for Ping G400 (I have the G400 Max and it has been amazing for me).

anyone got a shaft preference on the F9. I'm 95mph range and height and backspin rob me of a rollout on current driver. Was debating between smoke 60 in stiff (appears to only come in stiff), and the Atmos blue 6 most likely in regular.

If height and backspin are an issue, the Smoke in stiff will likely be better for you. Likely.

My swing speed is just a little below your's on my 12* at standard draw setting F9 but the Atmos 6 regular is really working for me. Straight and some 240 yard drives today. A little more consistent than the Helium 5f3 or Tensei 50 that I have tryed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
well, I could not decide on the shaft options available for the F9 and was debating 9 vs 10.5 degree loft. So in classic THP behavior, I bought the Tour Exotics EXS. Liked the reviews on the stock shaft mostly but at 9.5 loft was also attractive.

well, I could not decide on the shaft options available for the F9 and was debating 9 vs 10.5 degree loft. So in classic THP behavior, I bought the Tour Exotics EXS. Liked the reviews on the stock shaft mostly but at 9.5 loft was also attractive.
Congrats (think the EXS was a better deal at the time)

when I scanned this thread the tour exotic caught my eye and looks very nice. Then the post on the tour length shaft C9 did because I like a bit shorter shaft. on the tour length it only has the -1 inch option. Do you think this means it has a 43.5 inch shaft in it?????

Shaft wise I'm a 90 to 100mph swing and my issue with the driver is not finishing my turn and a nice transition which seems to be worse when shafts get into the 50g class. I'm thinking a 60g class shaft with mid-spin characteristics. any suggestions on shaft? I'm not sure if Golf Galaxy would have this club for me to get fitted. maybe I could call them.
Tour Edge with smoke yellow! Limited in fitting shops, but the team at TEE optimized shaft selection

since I was ordering off Rockbottom at $169 the choices were more limited. I went with the stock Tensei blue shaft in stiff. All my modern drivers (post 2010) have 50g shafts in them. My miss is a low hook or low pull where I transition totally too fast. I have a 2006 era driver with a 60g shaft and a 59 degree lie that I launch great but with massive backspin. I carry 235 and get 3-5 yards of roll; literally. I do hit the fairway and actually have been gaming this old club.

I'm hoping I can launch the Tour edge high but with the low backspin of my 2017 era driver. This is the first 67g shaft I recall having since the days of steel. Should make good experiment.

Back