i need an engineer who thinks this is a good idea

You could have the back half of each club removable and replace with a more forgiving weight profile instead of just having an attachment only leaving the face of the club and hosel permanently attached.
This would allow you to keep the same club weight.

Thats a great idea. And the idea was to have the back of the iron have attachments looking almost like SNAP ON pieces secured with a wrench. and without any attachments it is a blade iron, this is useful.

I am trying to think of the application here or the why a golfer would need such a club.

Since you are talking irons, wouldn't a combo set essentially give the golfer what you are trying to achieve? For example long irons...cavity back......mid irons - smaller cavity back.....short irons - blade style iron.

This multi config Golf Club could work... reminds me of these great ideas.

2v0v0ac2hdv51.jpgdownload (1).jpgmain-qimg-740878185f3817a59af79977b9b17281.jpg

Yep. Protect your idea as best you can.

Aside from that, I'd suggest you get access to a 3d printer and print up some prototypes of your idea.
Yep. Near where I live is a studio type place that has 3D Printers, laser etching, embroidery, milling and other machines you can rent by the hour.
You could have the back half of each club removable and replace with a more forgiving weight profile instead of just having an attachment only leaving the face of the club and hosel permanently attached.
This would allow you to keep the same club weight.
I was already thinking Callaway used his idea to come up with that removable weight on the X-Forged 😆

A freaking mini gun handgun, lol. If my pistol aim was as bad as my golf aim, I could see that being handy.

That over under/side by side with 2 large caliber rifle round, a smaller one, and a 20 gauge? I wouldn’t saying I’d spend a lot on it, but that would look pretty cool in the safe.
I'd love to have that in .308, .45 and 12 gauge! If you couldn't get it done with those four rounds, you're in the wrong battle. :LOL:

a combo set could work. but i came up with this as a way to remedy my OWN game. If it was me, this is something i would want. I am a blade player, i know cavity backs can add more distance, i like utlities. For me, i would like a set like this because I could use the blades for the approaches, i could use the utility for tee box. I could use cavity if i wanted more forgiveness. but the point of the set and something i would also want, is the opportunity to change these things up. your saying a low handicap player would have no need for this, unless the course conditions varied it which they do we get rain, we get long courses short courses courses that have water, no trees. I still think its a neat idea even though you could use a combination of premade irons.

I am looking for investors. At this stage i have an idea, i am making a marketing plan- im a business major, i am talking with a intellectual property lawyer, i am talking with mechanical engineers (who know the game) who i went to school with at the university of illinois- one of the best public engineering schools in the world. I want to make a prototype but eventually sell this idea to a company that can sell it and make it better than me. the idea is to basically have parts that snap on. and then a wrench fastens them.

Last edited:
I'd love to have that in .308, .45 and 12 gauge! If you couldn't get it done with those four rounds, you're in the wrong battle. :LOL:

Or you’re battling the guy with the mini-gun revolver? 😂

I like more ammo, but agree in principle. I carry a 5 shot .22 mag as my everyday carry gun. Easy to throw in pocket and go. I refer to that as my “fighting to my truck” gun.

If I can make it to my truck with that thing, I will not lose. The force is not strong enough and once there, I’m good.

That said my home defense gun is a riot 12 gauge. Loaded with a round of (mostly) non-lethal, 3 rounds of birdshot (20 feet away is devastating, but neighbors are safe) a round of 00 and 3 slugs. It only has to get me to my vehicle which likely gets me to my bunker. Once there short of an air strike I’m good.

Enough said.

In Illinois most people dont have guns unless theyre unpermited. If you go to Florida it seems like most people have guns.

In Illinois most people dont have guns unless theyre unpermited. If you go to Florida it seems like most people have guns.

Not true and not the place. Sorry for the derail, but you’re derailing your own thread some too, 😂.

Peace out. Good luck!

I LIKE GUNS

a combo set could work. but i came up with this as a way to remedy my OWN game. If it was me, this is something i would want. I am a blade player, i know cavity backs can add more distance, i like utlities. For me, i would like a set like this because I could use the blades for the approaches, i could use the utility for tee box. I could use cavity if i wanted more forgiveness. but the point of the set and something i would also want, is the opportunity to change these things up. your saying a low handicap player would have no need for this, unless the course conditions varied it which they do we get rain, we get long courses short courses courses that have water, no trees. I still think its a neat idea even though you could use a combination of premade irons.

I am looking for investors. At this stage i have an idea, i am making a marketing plan- im a business major, i am talking with a intellectual property lawyer, i am talking with mechanical engineers (who know the game) who i went to school with at the university of illinois- one of the best public engineering schools in the world. I want to make a prototype but eventually sell this idea to a company that can sell it and make it better than me. the idea is to basically have parts that snap on. and then a wrench fastens them.
Good luck in your endeavor, and hopefully the patent attorney can assist you. Have seen many a club like this at different companies, although most don’t start as a blade (outside of a configurable blade wedge I saw a few years ago), but that is mainly because most people do not play muscle backs, and companies need to sell clubs.

Hope you enjoy the journey. Creation can be fun.

So I definitely can’t give any legal advice on this one. If you are interested in try to protect with a patent, I’d recommend you take with a patent attorney about it and whether a provisional/ non provisional application makes sense. The section of the US code you are going to be up against is 35 USC 102, if you care to review that. Also, probably several chapters of the MPEP too but that’s a deep dive.

How would swingweighting work? If you wanted to take an iron from say an MB to a Utility, you would be adding quite a bit of mass, which could throw Swing Weigh totally out of whack
They would have to have a counterbalance weight in the grip portion of the club to balance swing weight.

Is there anyone who thinks this is a good idea, would play with a set like this, how much would you pay for something like this?

Back