I noticed I'm hitting it towards the heel..

imabadgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
I went to the range today, and noticed my grass/ball markings were more towards the heel today, I'm assuming I was falling forward on the downswing, or my arms weren't staying tight.
I have shanked it(or ALMOST) a few times this year, and I never used to do that.
Any ideas what to look at?
I'm a digger, I take a divot on anything under a 4iron pretty much.
Edit: I have been drawing the ball alot, maybe I'm coming from too far inside?

Thanks

I went to the range today, and noticed my grass/ball markings were more towards the heel today, I'm assuming I was falling forward on the downswing, or my arms weren't staying tight.
I have shanked it(or ALMOST) a few times this year, and I never used to do that.
Any ideas what to look at?
I'm a digger, I take a divot on anything under a 4iron pretty much.
Edit: I have been drawing the ball alot, maybe I'm coming from too far inside?

Thanks

I had this problem a lot when I played in college. Way too far from the inside was my issue. I was also really flat taking the club back

Sent from HTX

Hmmmmmm...

Before I bought my Ping Shovels, I was at a demo day, the guy had me hit off a lie board with 6i like 10 shots... said I was a Black Dot without question (like 2009)...
I proceeded to buy black dots.
Over the years I've struggled a bit with a hard draw, a hook when it's going bad...but I've also hit plenty dead straight(not sure how).
According to Pings website fitting tool, and their latest lie chart, I should be playing Orange Dot(2-2.5 flat online) and possibly brown(3* flat) according to the newest lie chart...
That may explain something.
I need a REAL FITTING!

Back