I think I justified it.

You've justified flying several tons of steel miles high in the sky.

...this one's just a lark after that! ;)

Have fun and post pics!

2 nights, 2 rounds special - Starting at 1587.50 pp

● 2 Nights of Lodging at The Inn at Spanish Bay
● 1 Round of Golf on Pebble Beach Golf Links
● 1 Round of Golf on The Links at Spanish Bay
Each room will receive a $100 Resort Credit
Ask about pricing if you wish to play Spyglass Hill Golf Course instead of The Links at Spanish Bay.
Price listed is per person based on 2 golfers sharing a Garden View Room at The Inn at Spanish Bay

If you look to my post in this thread about subsidized pricing somewhere....

I could live with that pricing much better than $990 a night and $575 a round (y)

I could live with that pricing much better than $990 a night and $575 a round (y)
Thanks for the heads up, I am going to look at that package. Wonder if any restrictions on days and tee times.

We only live once and should while you are able. Enjoy!

Sounds perfect!

The way I'm reading this is, you're going to do this at least one time in your life, only question is when?

Your wife is OK with it. <-- Important factor #1
Your wife loves to travel. <-- Important factor #2
You want to "try" to justify it. <-- Unimportant factor

If it's something you want to do and you're ok with it, then DO IT!

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to look at that package. Wonder if any restrictions on days and tee times.

There weren’t. Staying on property, you can book something like a year out. This is essentially the package I just did, but slightly higher because we did Spyglass over Spanish

There weren’t. Staying on property, you can book something like a year out. This is essentially the package I just did, but slightly higher because we did Spyglass over Spanish
Any idea if they will let a wife walk the course with you? Would you recommend a caddie?

Any idea if they will let a wife walk the course with you? Would you recommend a caddie?

Recommend a caddie. Yes. 1000% percent. If you only get to play it once in your life, this ain’t the time to skimp on the little bit of extra help around the greens and where to hit it etc. 46 and change for the forecaddie, so round that to 50. Figure another 50 for tip.

As far as spouse walking, I mean... If you’re walking the course, it’s just a friend going on a stroll. If you have a cart (and it’s all CPO so be advised) then I’d probably not recommend since they’d probably charge you for her cart fee too.

I would stay at Inn at Spanish Bay, excellent and cheaper. I've done both and could not tell the difference in comfort.

You need a caddy.

Thanks for the heads up guys, really appreciate it.

Mine came out to the 14th tee at PB and walked with my group - one of the guys in the pro shop even drove her out (and it was an $8 charge on my bill!). Worked out perfect since I walked off the 18th green, then right to my suite before checking out. There are always tourists walking around the course, so I doubt they mind a family member coming along, at least for several holes.

Caddies are a good idea, but as someone who caddied for years as a kid, the modern fore-caddie concept is disappointing. They have great stories for sure and know the greens real well, but next time I go, I'll want them to stay glued to me the entire round. I had wanted to change clubs off the tee more than once but when your caddie is a couple hundred yards down the fairway already, it's too late. On that note, a husband and wife foursome in my group at PB walked and carried their own bags, but they had played the course many times already.

Also, set your wife up with some spa days while you are on the course - the place is amazing from what I heard. Be warned though, it's more expensive than the golf!!!

Last edited:
Have been looking at doing a possible trip to stay and play at Pebble Beach this fall. A night at the lodge is $990 and a round at Pebble and/or Spyglass is $575 as well. Yes, I know it’s pricey, but most likely will be a one and done kind of trip. Wife is cool about it and all in as she loves to travel. The hotel isn’t that bad, as we have paid that much at other resorts, but $575 is getting up there for a round of golf x 3. But I think I can justify it to myself this way. If I am on my “A” game and shoot a 85, that’s about $6.76 a shot. That’s less than an IPA at a big city bar or as much as a fancy drink at Starbucks. Justifiable or not?
Happy Wife Happy Life! If she's down with it just DO IT!

My wife had a deep tissue massage while I played and said it was the best.

My wife took me to Pebble for my 50th birthday....13 years ago.
Is it worth going? Absolutely. Justify it any way you have to.
She loves golf almost as much as I do so the the green fees were double for us.
For me, it was a one and done bucket list course and we had a fantastic time.

Welp, too rich for my blood

But for those of you who can, please do for those of us who cannot!

Mine came out to the 14th tee at PB and walked with my group - one of the guys in the pro shop even drove her out (and it was an $8 charge on my bill!). Worked out perfect since I walked off the 18th green, then right to my suite before checking out. There are always tourists walking around the course, so I doubt they mind a family member coming along, at least for several holes.

Caddies are a good idea, but as someone who caddied for years as a kid, the modern fore-caddie concept is disappointing. They have great stories for sure and know the greens real well, but next time I go, I'll want them to stay glued to me the entire round. I had wanted to change clubs off the tee more than once but when your caddie is a couple hundred yards down the fairway already, it's too late. On that note, a husband and wife foursome in my group at PB walked and carried their own bags, but they had played the course many times already.

Also, set your wife up with some spa days while you are on the course - the place is amazing from what I heard. Be warned though, it's more expensive than the golf!!!

Thanks for the gouge, appreciate it. Always good to have an idea ahead of time of what getting in to.

How ironic.

I have been contemplating this trip for a month now and have been going back and forth of how to justify an expensive golf trip. I posted my original post yesterday and have had some great input from the galley at THP and I really appreciate it. Your input had me at 90% to book the trip over the weekend. I will now be at 100% booking over the weekend. And this just pushed me over the fence 30 mins ago.

Just received an email from our union that a fellow co-worker, who had just found out a month ago (yes 1 month ago) now only has days to live. He has already been put into hospice and hasn‘t eaten since Saturday. Only 44, married with 2 teenagers. You hear these type of stories everyday, and I know that all of you, know of or have had similar experiences in your own lives, especially with the China plague running rampant.

Hug your loved ones and take care of them to the best of your ability
Enjoy today as your life can change drastically 1 hour from now
Don’t sweat the small stuff
Tell those who matter that you love them
Life is short and can be very unfair at times

And don’t get so upset of that double bogey or the 3 jack you just had from 15’, after all we are lucky enough to play a game we love.

You've already confirmed that the better half is on board with it....this is the only justification that you require!

Enjoy! Pebble is a great experience. Not sure it is "worth" the money but over the course of the year if you won't miss that money then I say do it.

Have been looking at doing a possible trip to stay and play at Pebble Beach this fall. A night at the lodge is $990 and a round at Pebble and/or Spyglass is $575 as well. Yes, I know it’s pricey, but most likely will be a one and done kind of trip. Wife is cool about it and all in as she loves to travel. The hotel isn’t that bad, as we have paid that much at other resorts, but $575 is getting up there for a round of golf x 3. But I think I can justify it to myself this way. If I am on my “A” game and shoot a 85, that’s about $6.76 a shot. That’s less than an IPA at a big city bar or as much as a fancy drink at Starbucks. Justifiable or not?
I look at it as if I shoot 125 it's like $3 a shot and much more reasonable!!!

Back