i think this is an accessory?

NorthVanMike

Reaction score
Handicap
finally finished our handy dandy beeeoootiful golf storage cabinet. i started this thing over 5 weeks ago, but it sat there in the shop untouched for a few weeks too. someone,cough, made me put the afterburners on and get it done for this little shindig we're having this weekend. :eyepoke:

so i'll show you a before and after set of pics. cue the Makeover music...

then:

wastespace1.jpg

and now:

fina.jpg

and opened up:

fin3.jpg

room for two of everything! if you'd like, there's a series of postings on my blog. i made a step by step photographic journal of the whole process, HERE , but remember, the posts in a blog go from newest to oldest. its a long read but if you get bored,lol.

Well done Mike... I'm impressed

Outstanding work NVM. You would be really proud.

That, my friend, is badass. Well done. I'm going to get my father-in-law to whip one up for me.

Nice work NVM, Golf Girl should be VERY happy with that! And if she's not, you can ship it to me.
ban-split.gif

Nice work 'podna.

How about some closeups of the detail work (that's my favorite part)

Wow, that thing turned out really nice.

Nice work NVM, Golf Girl should be VERY happy with that! And if she's not, you can ship it to me.
ban-split.gif

HEY.......be nice:tongue: He wasn't suppose to assemble this until tonight. It was touch and go with the work space as I had stuff to do as well. That being said, I was the good little girl and stayed out of his way until he was done.

I must say, when he was finished and I got to see it, I was a very very happy lady.........his work is phenominal .... you should see the other pieces he has made for the house.

Now I get to give him "his" chore list for the rest of the weekend :bashful:

You done good honey :kissing:

Last edited:
I love watching you two on here! You should get your own section of the forum or something.

Almost enough to make me consider inviting Hubby. Nah...

I love watching you two on here! You should get your own section of the forum or something.

Almost enough to make me consider inviting Hubby. Nah...

Would we see a different Claire?
:bicker:

That, and a LOT more subdued.

We don't want that then.

That's a nice cabinet. I could use something like that for all my fishing poles and tackle. I only have a small amount of golf equipment so there would be alot of wasted space.

We don't want that then.

That's a nice cabinet. I could use something like that for all my fishing poles and tackle. I only have a small amount of golf equipment so there would be alot of wasted space.

You only have a small amount of golf equipment NOW...Give it some time.

Well thanks, and you know what, I am so glad that Mikey suggested I join. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want him to think I was stalking him....:rotfl::rotfl:

I know now that if I hadn't joined, I would have missed chatting and carrying on with such a great group of people. I am forunate to have made your acquaintance!

Give yourselves a :clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp:

found some handles,so $$$$$. what a rip off, $8 each. :at-wits-end:
it's a bird's cage design,"pewterish" finish.

also, i designed the doors with the open mesh design to let our gear breathe and for the moisture to ventilate/evaporate.i can not stress enough about the wet winters here. stuff always gets soaked.

Image30.jpg

The handles are great! I tend to obsess about hardware, and I love those. Pewter finish is definitely the way to go. Great ventilation solution, too.

I like those pulls, very sweet! Something from Restoration Hardware, or maybe Rockler?

What's the finish on the honeycomb metal, it looks like Hammerite (or maybe a textured powdercoating).

Melamine finish on all the interior woodwork to help keep it from absorbing moisture?

Ply, or MDF for the shelving material?

I worked in a cabinet shop when I was in college, it was somewhere in between old world, and modern age (but no CNC stuff) Everything was hand fit and finished.

powder coated. and the interior is prefinished birch ply. it's all in the link in my first post. and only my initial break out on the cab parts were CNC'd(funky angles and such). the rest, by hand(well, with powered machines:planer,saw,etc..).

that thing is awesome! I definitely need something like that...

Hey Mike...you ever thought of selling some of your stuff? I know when I get my first home, I just might call you...

Back