I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
[YOUTUBE]e7xjjlUbpJ4[/YOUTUBE]

It's adorable! I hope you get your wish.

Smallie,
I could kill you right now. Golfergal has been singing this song for 3 hours.

I heard it on the way to work this morning. It's the first Christmas song I have heard in its entirety this season!

Claire - you never heard it before?

JB - sorry dude!

Claire - you never heard it before?

No. I keep telling you--I'm a pop culture illiterate. I like it better than "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

No. I keep telling you--I'm a pop culture illiterate. I like it better than "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Want_a_Hippopotamus_for_Christmas

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is a Christmas novelty song written by John Rox and performed by Gayla Peevey (10 years old at the time) in 1953. The B-side of the original 78 featured the song "Are my Ears on Straight?"

Peevey was a regional child star of the Oklahoma City area. According to legend, this 1953 hit was recorded as a fund-raiser to bring the city zoo a hippo. When released nationally by Columbia Records the song shot to the top of the charts, and the city zoo got a baby hippo named Matilda. In a 2007 radio interview with Detroit-based WNIC radio station, Peevey clarified that the song was not recorded as a fundraiser originally. Instead, a local promoter picked up on the popularity of the song and Peevey's local roots, and launched a campaign to present her with an actual hippopotamus on Christmas. The campaign succeeded, and she was presented with an actual hippopotamus, which she donated to the city zoo. The hippopotamus lived for nearly 50 years

Thanks, Harry. Coming to my rescue again. :clapp:

You mean this? hehehe

[YOUTUBE]GET00F9KeHg[/YOUTUBE]

Dont believe her...She's lying. I much prefer their song "prom night dumpster baby".

Dont believe her...She's lying. I much prefer their song "prom night dumpster baby".

[youtube]kRj-S8Aklcw[/youtube]

But I prefer this one:

[YOUTUBE]47z8I-oFNps[/YOUTUBE]

I'm supposed to believe the corseted girl in that clip just had a baby? Uh-huh.

Josh's fav is the Cowboy song. Don't....don't anyone post it.

Bailey the Unknown Reindeer

[YOUTUBE]0sUL0KCIc48[/YOUTUBE]

Bailey the Unknown Reindeer

hankhill.jpg

"It's 6 a.m. and already that boy ain't right."

I'm supposed to believe the corseted girl in that clip just had a baby? Uh-huh.

Josh's fav is the Cowboy song. Don't....don't anyone post it.

The Cowboy Love song by Reverend Horton Heat?

I heard the Hippopotamus song and the Ears On Straight songs both last night at Twerpy's dance recital. Pretty cute stuff.

Back