I wonder if any THP’ers have...

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
... played Augusta National?

As a side note, I fully appreciate how exclusive and (nearly) impossible it is to get on there, but just wondering if anyone out of the many thousands of THP’ers have ever managed it somehow? 😊

little ol me for sure hasn't. That is an interesting question though!

Good question. Lifelong dream of mine that will probably and unfortunately never come true.

Not I...

The real question is a member lurking that could get people on.....

You’re onto me. As soon as someone says yes they’ll be getting a DM 🤣🤣🤣.

Nope

I did when it was on Tiger Woods golf.

Step 1 of getting invited to play Augusta National: Do not ever ask to play Augusta National. That’s a big no no and an automatic hard no from the member, apparently.

No, haven’t played ANGC. But.. That’s one rule I know about it haha

Does walking the course & "Imagining" yourself playing it count :unsure:

I wish…

Many years ago I had a cruel “close call”... my dad’s brother in law (non golfer, high flying automotive exec living near Atlanta) tells me “I have a friend who’s a member, he’ll get you on!”. We were visiting later that year. I got my hopes up. Got real excited. Started thinking about whether I’d hit a wedge or 9 iron into 12. And what will I have just made on 11?! A bogey maybe? Or dare I dream... a par??

Long story short, it wasn’t possible to get a friend’s brother in law’s 14 handicap son a tee time 🤣🤣. Naiive of me to ever think it was a possibility on reflection but I dared to dream. And was disappointed 🙁.

Not me but one of the guys I golf with played it. His host flew them to GA on a private plane, they stayed in one of the cabins, and played 2 rounds.

Not me but one of the guys I golf with played it. His host flew them to GA on a private plane, they stayed in one of the cabins, and played 2 rounds.
Dream 😍

I can confidently say that I have NOT played.
But when THP staff get media passes in the future then get entered into the Monday draw and your name gets picked out, maybe? 😀😍

I have not even walked the course to watch the Tournament, Someday maybe.....

Definitely not me.

Nope. Know several friends and clients who have though. Hopefully someday.

Step 1 of getting invited to play Augusta National: Do not ever ask to play Augusta National. That’s a big no no and an automatic hard no from the member, apparently.

So you're sayin' I need to start brown-nosing everyone here just in case?

No, haven’t played ANGC. But.. That’s one rule I know about it haha
I would never ask, but there are definitely more deserving people other then me as well.

I know 2 people who have, and they both said it's even hillier than you think, and that's assuming you think it's hilly to begin with.

Back