I wonder if any THP’ers have...

I worked for a gentleman who played it a few times. His brother was a member.

I never asked. He knew I was a golfer, and if he could’ve offered, I think he would have.

Back when the Masters had corporate sponsors. TRavelers was one. I had several buds play who were middle management under 40 types. I was very close to two of them who made overtures to some day...Then Martha Burke and crap came and ANGC thumbed their noses at all outside influence and away went the corp sponsors and my possible opp.

A retired caddie from ANGC now forecaddies at Champions Retreat and he forecaddied for our group when I played CR, but that's about as close as I've gotten.

I'll get another chance to go to ANGC for the ANWA this spring, so I really can't complain.

I worked at a private club where a member had the ANGC headcover. He wasn’t a member but I don’t doubt that he played it. I’d love to work there in retirement and get the chance to play. Even if it is just one round

I have not but I might have a friend at Pine Valley. I figure if I can get invited there, there’s got to be somebody there that I can become best friends with. Oh the places I’ll go. But I’ve got to get that 1st one under my belt.

My boss worked in Augusta for about 8 years, that’s my closest association to August National.

not I, and as a school teacher with no connections I'm sure I"ll never have the chance. :(

I have not but I might have a friend at Pine Valley. I figure if I can get invited there, there’s got to be somebody there that I can become best friends with. Oh the places I’ll go. But I’ve got to get that 1st one under my belt.
Well done with the Dr. Seuss reference. 👍🏻

Well done with the Dr. Seuss reference. 👍🏻

You're welcome.

I’m a fine guest. I tip well, when appropriate, I don’t change my shoes in the parking lot, I take my hat off inside & my shirt is always tucked. Heck, I even thank staff.

You're welcome.

I’m a fine guest. I tip well, when appropriate, I don’t change my shoes in the parking lot, I take my hat off inside & my shirt is always tucked. Heck, I even thank staff.
I left this out in my ANGC experience, but you reminded me with this post. The member instructed us to not tip the caddies, that he takes care of all that. That may have been the rule in 1984 and not now, but I suspect it hasn't changed. My caddy was excellent and the two vendors had essentially bag toters, so I found my chance and slipped him a tip midway thru the back nine.

Another thing I left out was that there was only one other group on the course, a threesome of members that played through us around the seventh hole and gave my member some slow play ribbing (much to his chagrin I might add), another reason I knew I wouldn't get a second invite. My member, by the way, shot 81. The two vendors might have been in the 120's or up...

I'll still waiting for that phantom invite where I drop everything and drive hahahaha
We have an opening for one player at 12:58. Forecast for Venice, FL is 83* and sunny.

We have an opening for one player at 12:58. Forecast for Venice, FL is 83* and sunny.
Where do you play in Venice?

Haven't even sniffed it and likely never will. I just hope to win the ticket lottery someday and walk the grounds

No such good fortune. I know a handful of guys who have including a guy in my regular Tuesday/Wednesday group that has played it 15 or more times.

Back