Identify the thing that is within your ability to improve that would have the greatest impact on your scores.

decreasing 3 putts.

being smarter off the tee.

Its hard to narrow this down to just one thing. I have so many areas that I have the ability to improve on that will have impact on reducing my scoring. Since most strokes are around the greens, the short term answer is chipping / putting. So I'll take Chipping here as closer I get it to hole the better putting will be.

However, for large score reduction, a longer term goal is required. So improvements to my swing are the key thing in my control to improve. I do feel that improvements to my swing are in my control because I am still relatively new to golf. working on swing fundamentals will impact my ability to post lower scores.

My short game. I can work on anything 100 yards and in out in my backyard. I just need to get a focused practice together and work on it. I even cut an area real short to mimic the fairway to practice hitting off of it. I can save so many shots by tightening up my short game.

Short game for me. A better, more consistent short game would go a long way towards lower scores.

Ball striking. I'm a surprisingly competent chip/pitcher, and my driving isn't a big problem, but God help me, I am an AWFUL ball striker. I'd probably shave 10 strokes off each round if I were brought up to "average".

Ball striking. It's not deficient at the moment; it's absurdly bad.

My iron play. I find myself short sided more often than I should. Arccos says that my short game is the weakest part of my game, but I have a feeling a large amount of that is that I'm not playing to the wide side of the green often enough.

Too early in the year to know what things have truly improved or weakened just yet.

I love all the mental side responses so far so I'll go that route and say that I need to be less aggressive on par 3s. My GIR on par 3s isn't where it needs to be, and that aggressiveness is a large part of why.

Driving was near the top on my off-season list of things to work on, but it's nowhere near the top of the list of things that determine my scores.

Short game.
No Question.

GIR...GIR...GIR !!!

This is tough for me because I have so many areas that need work, but I would say the greatest game improvement would be within 100 yards by getting closer to the pin with better chipping/pitching and then better putting. Those would definitely increase my score by as much as 5 strokes immediately.

Putting for sure. I probably three putt half the holes I play. If I could just cut that in half it’d be a bigger improvement than anything else.

Short game without question

Wedge play. I carry three wedges and have no idea how far I hit any of them.

The ability to competently chip the ball and scramble.

Ball striking/consistency. It's the random sprayed shots that are hurting my scores most. No part of my game is particularly strong, but I screw myself with penalty strokes/trouble shots from bad ball striking worse than anything else.

I think course management is within my control and playing smarter golf.

Between the ears. I just cant let a bad shot go.

125 and in....

Patience. I like to play fast and I miss quite a few shots because I don’t take my time.

Wedge play. I carry three wedges and have no idea how far I hit any of them.
No offense, but this one just made me laugh, so thanks, those reasons are in shorter supply these days:)

I really wish I struck my irons more consistently than I do, been playing too long to have not figured that out by now:(

Irons. They used to be my strength, but for probably a couple years now, I have no consistency and even more recently a big distance loss. Even when I couldn't hit a fairway to save my life and was in jail, I could get the ball at least around the green to have a chance to get up and down for par. Now I can be in the middle of the fairway and miss any direction.

I've had lessons, I've tried all sorts of different things, but just can't get back to the way I used to be able to hit irons. It's the only thing that really frustrates me about my game.

I am not sure about “always.” My driving is not what is holding me back from better scoring. Arccos says it is my chipping and I agree with the summary report.

View attachment 8937169View attachment 8937170

I don't believe the report provides enough information to determine your weakness. Where are you missing your approaches - short side or fat side? If you are missing in wrong spots then the problem isn't chipping. I would venture to say that if you improved your approach game. It would have a bigger impact on your game. 1. The more greens you hit the more birdie chances. 2. The more greens you hit the less you have to lean on your short game. 3. The better your approach game the more you are going to miss in correct spots. Less short siding your self also taking pressure of your short game.

Back