If a genie gave you one wish to fix one part of your game, what would it be?

charley48

Reaction score
Handicap
For me, it would have to be the fairway woods. I can't hit a 3 or 5 wood off the deck to save my life. Even hybrids are inconsistent. I don't make clean contact enough times. Most times I hit too far behind the ball. It really takes reaching longer par 4's out of the equation. I play with my 18 year old grandson and he's got a 7 iron in the fairways on the longest holes while I'm thinking of getting there in 3 and hoping to make bogey.

So what is everyone's Achilles Heel? What is the one part of your game you wish you could fix?

It would be neat if my tee shots would not punish me on nearly every hole. Really neat.

Short game for me, 50 yards and in, I loose that many shots from this distance

I could write add length and accuracy to my driver but my round yesterday screams " become handy with short pitches and greenside bunker" So 50 yards in. I was very handy putting from the fringe with the 4h yesterday but anything else off the green was just plain terrible

Not even close. My broken body.

Approach shots, I would be on the green every time.

Kill off all of my 3 putts and I’m playing a different game. I’ve made huge strides this year in other areas, I know next season putting HAS to be a focus if I want my handicap to continue to go down.

Easy for me, driver swing. Rest of my game is good right now. If I could drive the ball in the fairway more often the game gets easier. ;)

It would have to be my iron play. I've getting very tired of hitting great drives off the tee and then either chunking the 2nd shot or hitting my irons either right or left off the green but pin high. :banghead:

I would love to be able to draw the ball anytime i want.

Iron play.

I just want consistency. No more fat or topped shots. I’m down to one topped fairway wood a round and 3 or 4 fat irons, not to mention the thin hits........

Proximity to the hole. It’s hard to score when I start so far from the hole. Also makes 3 putting more likely from well across the green.

Putting like Tiger:drinks:

It would have to be my iron play. I've getting very tired of hitting great drives off the tee and then either chunking the 2nd shot or hitting my irons either right or left off the green but pin high. :banghead:
I'm with you. My driver seems to be coming along now. My chipping is coming along. I'm pretty sure I can get my putting back in the groove. Haven't worked with my woods enough to know whether I've a problem with them. But my irons... *sigh* Specifically: Why can I take two perfect practice swings, then hit the ball thin? Repeatedly?

Had a beautiful drive the other day. Easy 150 yards to the green from there. Turned a possible par into a double bogey--all due to poor irons play :(

Putting please

Consistency

To stop my over active imagination. I can't see a straight shot......ever!

The ball gets worked one way or the other, even with a wedge.

I can't even take the club back without putting a little cut or draw influence into the swing.

Sounds crazy, but it's my game for better or worse.

My miss right. I dont mind when its a little cut but every now and then it just banana slices and I end up in trouble.

Tee shots always finding the fairway. I can play some pretty dang good golf when I’m playing well off the tee.

For as much as I might struggle with my putting, I really enjoy working through the struggles. So, I'd say my wish would be for perfect tee shots. Those nerves get me every time!

Hit driver like Bryson.

I like the way you worded the question because I saw the episode of the X-files and these kind of things don't end well.

It would be tee shots with all clubs... so long as other parts of my game or life didn't get worse as a consequence. But the wish wouldn't be that simple. I would have to hire a lawyer to write the contract to make sure there were no loopholes in it like the genie would make my ball go straight in the fairway but end up in a divot, or in a lie with the ball below my feet, you know that crap all the time... because they can do that. It has to be air tight.

Putting. No explanation needed.

Back