If Die Hard is a Christmas movie...

No way it was released in July.
What does a release date have to do with any thing? The set up for Die Hard is that it takes place during a Christmas Party. John McClain saves the day, thus saving Christmas. It's an age old tale.

Die Hard 2, the set up is that it takes place during the busy holiday travel season - Same as Home Alone, and Home Alone 2 - all are Christmas movies.

As I mentioned in another post: Both John McTiernan (director,) and Steven E. de Souza (writer) say Die Hard is a Christmas movie. That should end the argument for good.

What does a release date have to do with any thing? The set up for Die Hard is that it takes place during a Christmas Party. John McClain saves the day, thus saving Christmas. It's an age old tale.

Die Hard 2, the set up is that it takes place during the busy holiday travel season - Same as Home Alone, and Home Alone 2 - all are Christmas movies.

As I mentioned in another post: Both John McTiernan (director,) and Steven E. de Souza (writer) say Die Hard is a Christmas movie. That should end the argument for good.
Even Bruce Willis said it was not a Christmas movie. That should end it.

It’s not a Christmas movie, neither is Gremlins. Just because it takes place during Christmas doesn’t make it a Christmas movie.
I disagree. It's about coming together for the holidays and doing anything to keep the ones you love safe. Its heartwarming.

Even Bruce Willis said it was not a Christmas movie. That should end it.
So, someone who was paid to act in the film, who could have been replaced by literally anyone (though I'm glad he wasn't) has more of a stance on the matter than the WRITER AND DIRECTOR? You're nuts.

Well, I submit this movie to be recognized as a Christmas movie since we're using the Die Hard theory!
IMG_1344.JPG

So, someone who was paid to act in the film, who could have been replaced by literally anyone (though I'm glad he wasn't) has more of a stance on the matter than the WRITER AND DIRECTOR? You're nuts.
The movies plot is based on terrorism. Not on my list of Christmas movies.

The movies plot is based on terrorism. Not on my list of Christmas movies.
Its based on a guy trying to reconcile with his estranged wife around the holidays. The terrorists are just a bolster to the protagonist's struggle that has to be overcome.

Its based on a guy trying to reconcile with his estranged wife around the holidays. The terrorists are just a bolster to the protagonist's struggle that has to be overcome.
Same as Gremlins, same as the grinch, home alone, etc.... Hero, villains, plot to take over, hero overcomes, joy for Christmas.

Same as Gremlins, same as the grinch, home alone, etc.... Hero, villains, plot to take over, hero overcomes, joy for Christmas.
All Christmas movies..

All Christmas movies..
Christmas with the Kranks, Daddy's home, Reindeer Games, Bad Santa, Black Christmas...etc.. Like you said, all Christmas movies. :ROFLMAO:

Gremlins and Die Hard are both Christmas movies. The notion that they aren’t is almost as ridiculous as believing the earth is flat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no if...

"Since die hard is a christmas movie" is a more appropriate title

diehard-santa-hat.jpg

I am watching The Long Kiss Goodnight on Netflix. I saw a house decorated with outdoor Christmas lights and a group of carolers signing so I assuming, by other movies that have been identified in this thread, that I am watching a Christmas movie. Not my intention but I guess I lucked into one. Haha

I am watching The Long Kiss Goodnight on Netflix. I saw a house decorated with outdoor Christmas lights and a group of carolers signing so I assuming, by other movies that have been identified in this thread, that I am watching a Christmas movie. Not my intention but I guess I lucked into one. Haha
That's not an argument as they central plot of the film has nothing to do with Christmas. Die Hard's ENTIRE SETTING is a Christmas party.

Nope not in my book...

watching now.

Christmas movie.

They even end the movie with a Christmas song, what the hell else do you people want?

Well it has the best Christmas song ever so I say yes.

A little Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC.

Back